Author Topic: New web store for European Users....  (Read 10065 times)

zug

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • High Tech Pad
New web store for European Users....
« on: April 04, 2009, 02:21:37 pm »
Hi,
I have been a using LinuxMCE quite a while and love it. However, I have experienced frustration in obtaining hardware that is compatible or is recommended for use with LinuxMCE. I therefore decided to create a new web site targetting European LMCE and general Linux home users by providing generic domestic computer hardware and LinuxMCE related hardware.
I have decided to create a place that sells items such as Z-Wave kit, USB UIRTs, Xantech IR Emitters, Antec Cases, Basic Barebones systems, IP Cameras etc. I also have access to the entire Dianemo range of LinuxMCE kit (all licenced with Pluto).
I am also looking to increase the range to include the WebDT orbitors, more Z-Wave equipment, fully licenced Media Directors, VoIP hardware, remote controls and more.
So there you have it, if you would like to visit the new site, the address www.hightechpad.com.
If you would like to discuss anything with me, I am a regular in the IRC channel.
Many Thanks,
Mark
Z-Wave,  Peripherals, Licenced Media Directors and Cores now available with European-wide Delivery at www.hightechpad.com.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: New web store for European Users....
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 04:55:12 pm »
Zug,

do you give a guarantee that all your equipment is plug and play with LinuxMCE?

zug

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • High Tech Pad
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 05:59:24 pm »
I am not sure I can legally do that without paying a licence fee for every item I sell. However, I am in the process of updating the wiki pages with information for all the products I have to prove compatability.
Z-Wave,  Peripherals, Licenced Media Directors and Cores now available with European-wide Delivery at www.hightechpad.com.

spic0m

• View Profile
    • PCBheaven
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 12:05:56 pm »
Right about i was going crazy not being able to find stuff for my pc rig i found this thread.
I ordered a usb-uirt from your site and i want to say that the pricing and the delivery times was excellent.
It worked right out of the box with the RC6 remote i allready have.
Keep up the good work.

Aletha Emmy

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 12:20:03 am »
Can anyone tell me how to get my web store started? Where to go, how to make the page look attractive, what i have to do to get credit card payments etc. I need to know everything. I am a soon to be "stay at home mom" and i need an extra form of income. Your help is much appreciated.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 10:08:54 am »
I am sure there are more appropriate places to go to for help regarding opening up a business on the web.

This forum is about LinuxMCE, and this subforum about people offering stuff for LinuxMCE.

Try some OSCommerce forums. I am sure they have some how-to's etc.

Best of luck

speedyone

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 10:46:30 pm »
Hi,
I have been a using LinuxMCE quite a while and love it. However, I have experienced frustration in obtaining hardware that is compatible or is recommended for use with LinuxMCE. I therefore decided to create a new web site targetting European LinuxMCE and general Linux home users by providing generic domestic computer hardware and LinuxMCE related hardware.
I have decided to create a place that sells items such as Z-Wave kit, USB UIRTs, Xantech IR Emitters, Antec Cases, Basic Barebones systems, IP Cameras etc. I also have access to the entire Dianemo range of LinuxMCE kit (all licenced with Pluto).
I am also looking to increase the range to include the WebDT orbitors, more Z-Wave equipment, fully licenced Media Directors, VoIP hardware, remote controls and more.
So there you have it, if you would like to visit the new site, the address www.hightechpad.com.
If you would like to discuss anything with me, I am a regular in the IRC channel.
Many Thanks,
Mark

Zug,

I see where Acer has come out with a desktop, the AspireRevo, that is currently available in the U.K. I've heard that this is the next hardware of choice for LinuxMCE users. This product is not yet available in the U.S. Do you have this product available on your website? If so, would the power supply and cord be suitable for the U.S. and how much are you charging?

Thx,
speedyone

zug

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • High Tech Pad
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 11:55:58 am »
Hi,
They are available on my site : http://www.hightechpad.com/?q=fullsystems
However, they will be provided with a UK adapter. You should be able to get an adapter in the US easily enough though.

There isn't a shipping option to US on my site, so if you do want one then pm me first.
Thanks,
Mark
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 12:15:19 pm by zug »

jenitrick

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 02:17:41 am »
Zug,

I really do like your idea for the website. I am interested in doing the same in Canada, where did you find these specific suppliers and such.

Also I was going to add that you should include on your website some package systems, for people to order not just specific items but have a whole room setup or something like that. I was thinking you should maybe have some demo system setups, showing a diagram that includes a core and some media stations, and you could have a list of items required to setup accordingly. So you could set it up as a package. The newbies would really look into it and those are the people whom are really unaware of the types of products they should get because there is so much out there. I just think that would get you more sales.

Well anyways, let me know your thoughts.

zug

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • High Tech Pad
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 04:35:17 pm »
I think you have some good points.
I may do a built in flash app that will let you in effect design your house in it and add cores, MDs, z-wave lights etc.. Then you can purchase a bundle in that way..
Once I go down that route though, I would have to licence the products as Linux MCE Cores and MDs. It's quite a big step from what I have at the moment and I am unsure if it would add that much value..

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 03:02:15 pm »
I removed the previous post that was completely off topic of LinuxMCE.