Author Topic: Cellphone Notifications Enhancements  (Read 3064 times)

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
Cellphone Notifications Enhancements
« on: April 27, 2009, 10:35:03 pm »
Currently there are a strict set of devices that can utilize the mobile orbiter.  You can use the web orbiter which, depending on the speed of your connection and the device can be a bit painful.  Now there is the POC of the iOrbiter which I have not yet been able to test, but will be doing so soon.  After talking this over, I understand that the mobile orbiter is not necessarily needed when the web orbiter is used, but I think the situation can be improved.  It would be great if cell phone notifications could be sent as SMS messages.  This way we wouldn't need to navigate through the web orbiter and could simply use a direct link to the camera the same way a mobile orbiter would do.  What are your thoughts?

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
Re: Cellphone Notifications Enhancements
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 05:32:24 pm »
the actual symbian mobile orbiter intercepts incoming calls on the phone, if the num of the lmce core is detected, it spawns the WAP page in the browser. Dunno about windows. Thats not possible for JavaMO. We could intercept SMS to "ports" different than the default.
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Cellphone Notifications Enhancements
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 08:50:10 pm »
Hari, I'm suggesting a more generic approach since most devices can display html in text messages so a link could be sent in the SMS message and when clicked the user could be directly linked into the same functionality as the mobile orbiter that way.  Think of it like a link to the camera that was tripped where you then just press speak and you are connected to your home.  Or maybe better still would be to just send the normal options that would be presented in the mobile orbiter in the text message to effectively emulate the mobile orbiter functionality and expediate the process of checking up on your home when there is a problem.