Author Topic: How to create a scenario submenu for net radios  (Read 2308 times)

tkwfo

• View Profile
How to create a scenario submenu for net radios
« on: April 20, 2009, 11:58:02 pm »
Hi List,

I have successfully managed to follow the how-to "Internet Radio" http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Internet_Radio.

But if you want several radios the media section soon get messed up.

My first approach was to see if it is possible to make a sub scenario. I first make a Radio Senario under "Audio" and then tried to make some sub scenarios under that. But it seems that it is not possible to make a kind of menu of scenarios.

My Next approach was to use the Media Type "LinuxMCE Live Radio" (#6). I hacked the DB and pointed that media type to /home/public/data/netradio (actually i only set the dir value to "netradio" LinuxMCE figures out the rest). Then i created a scenario that looked like the audio scenario but changed the Media Type to 6. The GUI changes when i click the Button, but the list is empty. My idea here is to make .m3u files that each link to a net radio station.

I have also tried to make a special playlist but that did not work either.

Is there a way in LinuxMCE to achieve what i want.

Tim
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 12:44:00 am by tkwfo »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: How to create a scenario submenu for net radios
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 04:11:55 am »
Not currently, no.

We a device template, and some skeleton code for a Shoutcast Plugin, which needs to be implemented. This would place a new media source called "Shoutcast Radio" in the media file list, and you would select what you wanted to play from the grid.

This needs to be implemented, and plenty of documentation has been written on how the datagrid bits are implemented and what is possible there.

-Thom