Author Topic: Cisco 7960 Help  (Read 5164 times)

Raul102801

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Cisco 7960 Help
« on: April 17, 2009, 09:21:52 pm »
I decided to have a second attempt at installing my Cisco 7960 with Linuxmce. I tried this in November with no success, I gave up and now I am going to try again. Unfortunately it is failing again.
I loaded a SIP image to the phone per some recommendation I got on the forum last time. I followed the steps on the WIKI for the Cisco 7970 with the few exceptions for 7960. The part for the MAC address range I skept becasue those fields were already filled when I picked the device template for the 7960.
I have a 7.10 32 bit installation. I have not done anything on the telecom portion of LinuxMCE so this is the very first phone to be installed.
I plugged the phone and it went through the normal steps of booting:
Configuring VLAN
Configuring IP
Requesting Configuration
Phone unprovisioned

If I look at the log on the phone itself this is what I see:

Status Messages
W350 unprovisioned proxy-backup
W351 unprovisioned proxy-emergency
W362 No valid Line Names provisioned
W210 TFTP Error: Not found SIPDefault.cnf
W220 TFTP Error: Not found SIP000DBC261A3A.cnf

Firmware Version
Application Load ID  P0S3-08-9-00
Boot Load ID PC030301
DSP Load ID 4.0(2.0)[A0]

The phone gets an IP and information for router, tftp, and so on but it seems like it is looking for 2 files on the tftp server and not finding them. Is the system supposed to create those files for me or do I need to create them and save them in the tftp directory? Reading on the forums and documentation I've found I am not supposed to do that but I am beggining to wonder.

Any thoughts?

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Cisco 7960 Help
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 05:57:18 pm »
Is your MAC address in the MAC address range of the 7960 template?

Raul102801

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 03:11:25 pm »
OK, My bad... I assumed that the MAC address of my device was already include in the provided range. I went ahead and added the range of MAC addresses, restarted the DCE router and plugged the phone back in. The system found my phone and installed. However the phone still shows unprovisioned.
I did see one change on the phone's screen. On the top right hand corner, where it says SIP, now it says 201SIP but the phone is still unprovisioned.
I went into settings and picked option 5 for status, then option 1 for status messages and got the same result as before W210 TFTP error: Not found SIPDefault.cnf

Has anybody experienced this? Does free pbx create this file automatically? or am I supposed to create it manually?
I was assuming that the 201 in front of SIP was the extension but I really don't know. I tried calling it but no luck.

Any ideas?

Raul102801

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 04:10:31 pm »
Well...I am not sure what I did but it is working now. I cleared the status messages and restarted the pgone and it assign me extension 201 and I do get dial tone now.
I will create a softphone extension to test

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 04:16:15 pm »
Well...I am not sure what I did but it is working now. I cleared the status messages and restarted the pgone and it assign me extension 201 and I do get dial tone now.
I will create a softphone extension to test

If you figure out what you did, please give back and create a wiki entry for this entire process. Thanks!

Raul102801

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 03:31:40 am »
dlewis... will be more than happy to add a wiki with all the steps I took.

I do have one more question on this subject... now that I have an extension and I get dial tone... should I not be able to dial extension 200 (the core)? I am not able to dial back and forth between these 2 extensions. Am I supposed to do anything else within freepbx?