Author Topic: repopulate video files from HDD  (Read 2140 times)

chipppy

• Veteran
    • View Profile
repopulate video files from HDD
« on: April 15, 2009, 11:57:33 am »
I have a strange problem. 

When I add in new video/video series for my kids I used a Windoze program to stripe out all the menus and link all the episodes together.  I havent found a linux app that does as good a job yet, still looking though.

I then just copy/paste from Windoze to my USB drive and then again to my HTPC into the videos folder (MythTV)
This normally works fine, but I have recently noticed a couple of the series are missing.

Is there anyway to ask the frontend to repopulate the video selections after I have added in the new videos?

I am sure that this is just a glitch with my system (I probably should stop playing around with it so much to 'see what happens'

Cheers
Chipppy
ASUS P5Q SE/R, Gigabyte 8400GS - Composite TV, 4GB 1066, Intel E8500 3.15GHz dual core, 500GB HDD + 1TG HDD, Divco FusionHDVT DVB-T Digital Dual 4 TV tuner.

'Cry wolf and let slip the dogs of war'

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: repopulate video files from HDD
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 08:27:00 pm »
Why would you be adding non-tv video files to mythtv? By default the mythtv as shipped with LMCE doesnt even have a "videos" selection in "media library". Do you instead mean to say you have placed the video files within the proper LMCE directory? If that is the case, go to the admin website, Files and Media, Media Files Sync, find your folder and click "resynchronize".

chipppy

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: repopulate video files from HDD
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 05:43:25 am »
arrrhhhh.  that is my probelm storing them ion the wrong spot.  thanks all fixed
ASUS P5Q SE/R, Gigabyte 8400GS - Composite TV, 4GB 1066, Intel E8500 3.15GHz dual core, 500GB HDD + 1TG HDD, Divco FusionHDVT DVB-T Digital Dual 4 TV tuner.

'Cry wolf and let slip the dogs of war'