Author Topic: PSTN Integration  (Read 6987 times)

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: PSTN Integration
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 12:44:39 am »
Not unless Comcast allows to directly connect as a SIP trunk.

-Thom

Actually, if you get a grandstream ht503, a friend of mine figured out how to get asterisk to work on a cable-analog line (converting the line to SIP):

http://www.voipcoop.org/viewtopic.php?t=65&highlight=ht503

It works with linuxmce, but I had caller-ID issues. I've done a lot of troubleshooting, but I was never able to get the CID to work properly...

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 03:55:58 pm »
I checked my Call ID this morning and unfortunately it doesn't show up on the analog cordless phones. Not sure if this is a hardware/software limitation, or something to do with the fact that the ht-286 was setup as a gs-100.
-Krys

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 04:04:29 pm »
I checked my Call ID this morning and unfortunately it doesn't show up on the analog cordless phones. Not sure if this is a hardware/software limitation, or something to do with the fact that the ht-286 was setup as a gs-100.
-Krys

Check your ht-286 settings... sometimes you have to tweak the caller-ID scheme, gain, and/or DB level in order to get CID to work properly. There are hundreds of combination's. Try calling your provider and social engineer your way to 3rd/4th level support in order to get the information you need.