Author Topic: PSTN Integration  (Read 7041 times)

rednus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
PSTN Integration
« on: April 15, 2009, 11:13:32 am »
Can anybody please guide me how to integrate PSTN network into LMCE? I have seen many links which talk about integrating IP phones but not PSTN..

Thanks
Rednus

rednus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: PSTN Integration
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 11:24:49 am »
Just looked at X100P pstn card which is compatible with Asteix..

anybody has a wiki or guide for this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000KHVN90/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1239787363&sr=8-1&condition=all

thanks
rednus

rednus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 02:01:47 pm »
I saw the SPA3102 but I do not want to spend that much money.. for now i have ordered X100P PCI card for 20quid.. so have to see how will it perform with MCE.. will update once set up..

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 02:42:09 pm »
Here is some suggested reading:

http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=4482.0

http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=7102.60 - los93sol's post on February 14, 2009, 01:24:29 pm

Please give back and create a wiki site if you successfully set this up. Thanks!

rednus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 04:06:43 pm »
thanks a lot guys.. i will sure let you know how it goes..

unknowingly i bought the X100P card from HCE_EUROPE who are  www.asteriskug.co.uk.. so dropped them a mail.. they sent me some info on this and may be will help me to get past the hurdle during installation..

will def post wiki if i hit any luck.. ;)

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 04:16:06 pm »
I used a grandstream handytone ht-286, it was plug and play, uses a ethernet connection (doesnt take up a card slot) and it only cost like $25... not sure if there would be a reason why it wouldnt work across the ocean.
-Krys

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 04:17:37 pm »
I used a grandstream handytone ht-286, it was plug and play, uses a ethernet connection (doesnt take up a card slot) and it only cost like $25... not sure if there would be a reason why it wouldnt work across the ocean.
-Krys

Krys, was it true PnP or did you have to tweak a few things?

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 04:47:11 pm »
http://www.ipphone-warehouse.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Grandstream-HT-286

It was true PnP although it was detected as a grandstream 100 (iirc). I just plugged the Ethernet cable from my switch into its port, and same with my Rj11 (analog phone line). Plugged in the power and off she went. It took a couple of minutes then I picked up my analog cordless phones and there was a dial tone. Incoming and outgoing calls work just like they did before except the call quality is better. I never did test to see if they still display the call ID info, will check that tonight.
-Krys

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 04:57:26 pm »
http://www.ipphone-warehouse.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Grandstream-HT-286

It was true PnP although it was detected as a grandstream 100 (iirc). I just plugged the Ethernet cable from my switch into its port, and same with my Rj11 (analog phone line). Plugged in the power and off she went. It took a couple of minutes then I picked up my analog cordless phones and there was a dial tone. Incoming and outgoing calls work just like they did before except the call quality is better. I never did test to see if they still display the call ID info, will check that tonight.
-Krys

Is it a true analog line or is it cable-analog?

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 06:25:52 pm »
Im not sure I know the difference.

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 06:27:31 pm »
One comes out of the wall, the other comes out of a cable modem.

Pnuts

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 06:42:45 pm »
slightly on topic, I have a cable-analog line, Comcast VOIP. So my internet comes in via cable into a modem, the modem has a network port for internet and a phone port for phone lines. Would I be able to use the above mentioned linksys device to make use of LMCE's VOIP features?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 06:45:34 pm »
Not unless Comcast allows to directly connect as a SIP trunk.

-Thom

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 07:46:10 pm »
well I previously was using COX cable which supplied me with internet, cable, and phone. Under that setup I had all of my analog phones connected and running off of the RJ-11 port on my Cox modem in my server closet.
Now I have a VOIP account with Broadvoice which I set up on my core. I took the analog phone line out of the port on my Cox modem and plugged it into the HT-286. So it is just a standard analog phone line.
HTH,
-Krys

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 12:44:39 am »
Not unless Comcast allows to directly connect as a SIP trunk.

-Thom

Actually, if you get a grandstream ht503, a friend of mine figured out how to get asterisk to work on a cable-analog line (converting the line to SIP):

http://www.voipcoop.org/viewtopic.php?t=65&highlight=ht503

It works with linuxmce, but I had caller-ID issues. I've done a lot of troubleshooting, but I was never able to get the CID to work properly...