Author Topic: Will Orbiter run on Windows mobile platform ?  (Read 12597 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Will Orbiter run on Windows mobile platform ?
« on: July 01, 2005, 12:08:20 pm »
Hi,

I'm curious whether Pluto Orbiter can run on this platform:

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/axim_x50v?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

I know it supports windows CE, but I'm not sure how does Windows Mobile relate to that ....

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 11:06:23 pm »
I'm interested in the answer to this as well.  I have an Audiovox SMT5600 that runs Windows Modile 2003 second Edition.  I figured I would obviously have some screen size issues.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 10:25:37 am »
I would suggest you try running the windows ce, or windows xp binaries to see if they work (regardless of screen size).  If they don't, is there a C++ compiler/SDK for that platform from MS?  If so, we could probaby just recompile with it.  The windows ce and windows xp versions are the same code exactly--they just use different compilers.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 02:23:23 pm »
Quote from: "aaron.b"
I would suggest you try running the windows ce, or windows xp binaries to see if they work (regardless of screen size).  If they don't, is there a C++ compiler/SDK for that platform from MS?  If so, we could probaby just recompile with it.  The windows ce and windows xp versions are the same code exactly--they just use different compilers.

Hi,

ok, will try it and get back with more info....

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 03:55:40 pm »
Quote from: "aaron.b"

Hi,

I've just tried ce and xp binaries. "Ce" installer doesn't run, exe also (this is not valid application)... My coworker (owner of PDA) said that maybe the problem is that PDA is ARM based and maybe programs need to be compiled for that architecture....  

Windows mobile as heard is basically CE with some additional features....
PDA has 640x480 resolution so it seems like decent machine....

Let me know if you want me to test anything...

Regards,

Rob.