Author Topic: Orbiter on Zaurus?  (Read 33276 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Orbiter on Zaurus?
« on: June 07, 2006, 07:53:53 pm »
Hi all,
First time posting. Just a little background. I am going to be building a house in the next couple of months and was looking to PlutoHome as a great home automation option. One question I do have is, can the Orbiter be run on a Zaurus. I have a Zaurus C3100 and am going to be in Japan again this month and I was thinking that if I can get it to compile for ARM, I would get a couple of Zaurus C1000's to use as Orbiters in the new house. Here is the Issue.

I have tried cross-compiling (using Damn Small Linux and the gcc-2.95 tool chain) as well as tried compiling it in Debian PocketWorkstation on the zaurus itself and seem to be running into problems. I am sure they are dependency related but I can't figure it out and was hoping that I could get some help.

Here is what I have tried:

Tried to compile SerializeClass on DSL using the command: make host=arm-linux
This is what I got:
Code: [Select]
bash-2.05b# make host=arm-linux
g++ -c -I./ -I../../ -I../ -I../DCE/ -I../../DCE -I../VIPShared/ -I../../VIPShared -I/usr/include/mysql -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_DEVEL_DEFINES -DUSE_LZO_DATAGRID -Wall -g -ggdb3 -D_GNU_SOURCE SerializeClass.cpp -o SerializeClass.o
In file included from ../SerializeClass/ShapesColors.h:5,
                 from SerializeClass.cpp:30:
../SerializeClass/SerializeClass.h: In method `void SerializeClass::Read_string(string &)':
../SerializeClass/SerializeClass.h:591: no matching function for call to `basic_string<char,string_char_traits<char>,__default_alloc_template<true,0> >::clear ()'
SerializeClass.cpp: In method `bool SerializeClass::SerializeRead(basic_string<char,string_char_traits<char>,__default_alloc_template<true,0> >, void * = 0)':
SerializeClass.cpp:405: warning: `void *' is not a pointer-to-object type
make: *** [SerializeClass.o] Error 1

I tried this one first because it seemed to have the fewest dependencies. I also tried PlutoUtils but ended up with this:

Computing dependencies for ProcessUtils.cpp done
Computing dependencies for Other.cpp done
Computing dependencies for MultiThreadIncludes.cpp done
Computing dependencies for FileUtils.cppFileUtils.cpp:39: warning: No include path in which to find http_fetcher.h
 done
Computing dependencies for CommonIncludes.cpp done
g++ -c -I./ -I../../ -I../ -I../DCE/ -I../../DCE -I../VIPShared/ -I../../VIPShared -I/usr/include/mysql -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DUSE_LZO_DATAGRID -D_DEVEL_DEFINES -Wall -g -ggdb3 -D_GNU_SOURCE CommonIncludes.cpp -o CommonIncludes.o
CommonIncludes.cpp: In function `bool AskYNQuestion(basic_string<char,string_char_traits<char>,__default_alloc_template<true,0> >, bool, int = 0)':
CommonIncludes.cpp:49: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
g++ -c -I./ -I../../ -I../ -I../DCE/ -I../../DCE -I../VIPShared/ -I../../VIPShared -I/usr/include/mysql -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DUSE_LZO_DATAGRID -D_DEVEL_DEFINES -Wall -g -ggdb3 -D_GNU_SOURCE FileUtils.cpp -o FileUtils.o
FileUtils.cpp:39: http_fetcher.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [FileUtils.o] Error 1

I have installed libhttpfetcher-dev and there is a http_fetcher.h file in /usr/includes/ so I am not sure what the problem is.

Any and all help on this is appreciated. I would love to be able to pick up a couple of zaurii when I am in Japan to use as Orbiters ;)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
More Info
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 02:21:37 am »
I just re-read the post and there is some more information that I should include. The Zaurus runs on the 2.4.20 Embedix kernel using gcc-2.95. I realize it is a little old but that is what it runs on.

Also, is there a specific order I need to compile this stuff in? I have everything required for PlutoUtils (I think) except for cdrecorder. I guess I can always apt-get that and try again.

Let me know if there is any other information I can give you to help me figure this out.

Thanks,
Rob

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Orbiter on Zaurus?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 09:52:11 am »
Hi Rob,

You will need to compile SerializeClass, PlutoUtils and DCE first and then Orbiter. Indeed, gcc-2.95 is a little to old, we are using 3.3.5 right now.

Anyway, instead of that "str.clear();" you can try doing a str = "";
We will try to compile orbiter for Zaurus too, but I don't think this will be too soon.

For that http_fetcher.h, you can comment out the functions which uses it. Orbiter doesn't really need them.

Best regards,
Chris M.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Half Way There
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 07:47:29 pm »
Chris.m
Thanks for the help on that. I got SerializeClass (the str ="" worked) and DCE compiled (I had to download pluto_main from svn). Now I just need some help with PlutoUtils. I got past the http_fetcher problem but now I have a problem with locale in StringUtils.cpp. I'll post the stack trace here. It is complaining that it cannot find the path to locale. It is in /usr/bin which is in the PATH variable. I tried adding -I/usr/bin to the MakeFile but then it complained about an "unterminated character constant". When I type locale in a terminal window they all say en_US.  Help?

Rob

Here is the error for PlutoUtils make

g++ -c -I./ -I../../ -I../ -I../DCE/ -I../../DCE -I../VIPShared/ -I../../VIPShared -I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/bin -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DUSE_LZO_DATAGRID -D_DEVEL_DEFINES -Wall -g -ggdb3 -D_GNU_SOURCE StringUtils.cpp -o StringUtils.o
In file included from StringUtils.cpp:37:
/usr/bin/locale:2: unterminated character constant
/usr/bin/locale:107: unterminated character constant
/usr/bin/locale:149: unterminated character constant
/usr/bin/locale:150: unterminated string or character constant
/usr/bin/locale:4: possible real start of unterminated constant
make: *** [StringUtils.o] Error 1

Here is the result of locale+

root@zaurus:~/PlutoHome/PlutoUtils# locale
LANG=en_US
LC_CTYPE="en_US"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US"
LC_TIME="en_US"
LC_COLLATE="en_US"
LC_MONETARY="en_US"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US"
LC_PAPER="en_US"
LC_NAME="en_US"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US"
LC_ALL=en_US

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Orbiter on Zaurus?
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 09:38:55 am »
Hi Rob,

I guess you can comment that include too (#include <locale>) and eventually comment any function that might use it or provide a dummy implementation or those functions.

Chris M.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
One More Time
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 05:47:05 am »
chris.m
OK. So I commented out locale and got a little farther but then got a bizarre error:

g++ -c -I./ -I../../ -I../ -I../DCE/ -I../../DCE -I../VIPShared/ -I../../VIPShared -I/usr/include/mysql -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DUSE_LZO_DATAGRID -D_DEVEL_DEFINES -Wall -g -ggdb3 -D_GNU_SOURCE getch.cpp -o getch.o
getch.cpp: In function `int THE_getch(bool, timeval *)':
getch.cpp:34: `fd_set' undeclared (first use this function)
getch.cpp:34: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
getch.cpp:34: for each function it appears in.)
getch.cpp:34: parse error before `;'
getch.cpp:37: `stdout' undeclared (first use this function)
getch.cpp:37: implicit declaration of function `int fflush(...)'
getch.cpp:49: `fdset' undeclared (first use this function)
getch.cpp:49: implicit declaration of function `int FD_ZERO(...)'
getch.cpp:50: implicit declaration of function `int FD_SET(...)'
getch.cpp:52: implicit declaration of function `int select(...)'
getch.cpp: In function `int getch_timeout(int)':
getch.cpp:82: variable `struct timeval timeout' has initializer but incomplete type
getch.cpp:83: confused by earlier errors, bailing out
make: *** [getch.o] Error 1

Any way around this one chris.m?

Rob

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Orbiter on Zaurus?
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 09:38:44 am »
Hi,

You can remove getch.cpp from PlutoUtils/Makefile. It's not being used by Orbiter.

Chris M.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Errors Compiling Orbiter
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 02:26:37 am »
Chris.m
Thank you so much for your help to date. This is where I am.
I've been able to compile
libDCEcommon.so
libPlutoUtils.so
libSerializeClass.so

Now I am trying to compile Orbiter. It took a while but I have resolved most of the dependency problems. I just have a couple left.

When I run a make I get the following:

Computing dependencies for WizardLogic.cppWizardLogic.cpp:4: CreateDevice/UserUtils.h: No such file or directory
 done
Computing dependencies for Linux/MouseBehavior_Linux.cppIn file included from Linux/OrbiterLinux.h:10,
                 from Linux/MouseBehavior_Linux.h:11,
                 from Linux/MouseBehavior_Linux.cpp:1:
Linux/win_list_manager.h:7: utilities/linux/window_manager/WMController/WMController.h: No such file or directory
In file included from Linux/MouseBehavior_Linux.h:11,
                 from Linux/MouseBehavior_Linux.cpp:1:
Linux/OrbiterLinux.h:11: utilities/linux/wrapper/wrapper_x11.h: No such file or directory
 done
Computing dependencies for Linux/OSDScreenHandler.cppIn file included from Linux/OrbiterLinux.h:10,
                 from Linux/OSDScreenHandler.cpp:12:
Linux/win_list_manager.h:7: utilities/linux/window_manager/WMController/WMContro
ller.h: No such file or directory
In file included from Linux/OSDScreenHandler.cpp:12:
Linux/OrbiterLinux.h:11: utilities/linux/wrapper/wrapper_x11.h: No such file or directory
 done
Computing dependencies for SDL/StartOrbiterSDL.cppIn file included from SDL/../Linux/OrbiterLinux.h:10,
                 from SDL/StartOrbiterSDL.h:5,
                 from SDL/StartOrbiterSDL.cpp:18:
SDL/../Linux/win_list_manager.h:7: utilities/linux/window_manager/WMController/WMController.h: No such file or directory
In file included from SDL/StartOrbiterSDL.h:5,
                 from SDL/StartOrbiterSDL.cpp:18:
SDL/../Linux/OrbiterLinux.h:11: utilities/linux/wrapper/wrapper_x11.h: No such file or directory
 done
Computing dependencies for SDL/SDLGraphic.cppSDL/SDLGraphic.cpp:4: SDL_rotozoom.h: No such file or directory
 done
Computing dependencies for SDL/SDLRendererOCGHelper.cpp done
Computing dependencies for SDL/OrbiterRenderer_SDL.cppSDL/OrbiterRenderer_SDL.cpp:35: Splitter/TextWrapper.h: No such file or directory
SDL/OrbiterRenderer_SDL.cpp:43: SDL_rotozoom.h: No such file or directory
SDL/OrbiterRenderer_SDL.cpp:56: utilities/linux/transparency/transparency.h: No such file or directory
SDL/OrbiterRenderer_SDL.cpp:57: utilities/linux/wrapper/wrapper_x11.h: No such file or directory
 done

The next block of errors is:

Computing dependencies for GraphicBuilder.cppGraphicBuilder.cpp:10: OrbiterGen/Renderer.h: No such file or directory
 done
Computing dependencies for RendererMNG.cpp done
Computing dependencies for Linux/XRecordExtensionHandler.cpp done
Computing dependencies for Linux/OrbiterLinux.cppIn file included from Linux/OrbiterLinux.h:10,
                 from Linux/OrbiterLinux.cpp:33:
Linux/win_list_manager.h:7: utilities/linux/window_manager/WMController/WMController.h: No such file or directory
In file included from Linux/OrbiterLinux.cpp:33:
 done

Looks like I am missing
a utilities/linux/ directory,
OrbiterGen directory ,
Splitter/TextWrapper.h,
CreateDevice/UserUtils.h
SDL_rotozoom.h

I am assuming these are provided by some PlutoHome packages that I am missing?

Again I appreciate your help on this. Once I get this running I'll put something up on the wiki ;)

Rob

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Orbiter on Zaurus?
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 09:06:05 am »
Hi,

I guess you are using latest code from our svn and you didn't update all trunk/src folder. Here's the url to svn: http://svn.plutohome.com/pluto/trunk/src/ . You'll have to update src/utilities folder to get wrapper_x11.h, WMController.h and transparency.h. I would recommend you to do a svn update to all trunk/src, to get the latest sources.

Best regards,
Chris M.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
I think we are close
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 03:59:26 pm »
Ok chris.m,
I downloaded a couple of more packages from svn and now I think all of the dependencies are fixed. Here are the errors I am getting now:

on a "make" for Orbiter I get:

Computing dependencies for ../utilities/linux/wrapper/wrapper_x11.cppIn file included from ../utilities/linux/wrapper/../../defines/define_all.h:18,
                 from ../utilities/linux/wrapper/wrapper_x11.cpp:16:
../utilities/linux/wrapper/../../defines/define_cond.h:39: badly punctuated parameter list in `#define'
../utilities/linux/wrapper/../../defines/define_cond.h:50: badly punctuated parameter list in `#define'
../utilities/linux/wrapper/../../defines/define_cond.h:69: warning: invalid character in macro parameter name
../utilities/linux/wrapper/../../defines/define_cond.h:69: badly punctuated parameter list in `#define'
In file included from ../utilities/linux/wrapper/../../defines/define_all.h:19,
../utilities/linux/wrapper/../../defines/define_logger.h:35: badly punctuated parameter list in `#define'
../utilities/linux/wrapper/../../defines/define_logger.h:36: badly punctuated parameter list in `#define'
../utilities/linux/wrapper/../../defines/define_logger.h:37: badly punctuated parameter list in `#define'
../utilities/linux/window_manager/WMController/../../../defines/define_logger.h:37: badly punctuated parameter list in `#define'
../utilities/linux/window_manager/WMController/../../../defines/define_logger.h:38: badly punctuated parameter list in `#define'
 done
Computing dependencies for TaskManager.cpp done
Computing dependencies for Task.cpp done
Computing dependencies for ../Gen_Devices/OrbiterBase.cpp done
Computing dependencies for Orbiter.cpp done
Computing dependencies for Main.cpp done
type 'make bin', 'make so' or 'make all'

and then a "make all" gives me this:

root@zaurus:~/PlutoHome/Orbiter# make all
g++ -c -I.. -I../DCE -I/usr/include/mysql -D_DEVEL_DEFINES -I/usr/include/SDL -DORBITER -DCACHE_IMAGES -DENABLE_MOUSE_BEHAVIOR -I../Splitter -I../OrbiterGen -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DUSE_WX_LIB=0 -Wall -fPIC -ggdb3 -g -O0 -DUSE_WX_LIB=0 Main.cpp -o Main.o
In file included from /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib.h:52,
                 from ../utilities/linux/window_manager/WMController/../wmctrl/wmctrl.h:50,
                 from ../utilities/linux/window_manager/WMController/WMController.h:14,
                 from SDL/../Linux/win_list_manager.h:7,
                 from SDL/../Linux/OrbiterLinux.h:10,
                 from Main.cpp:21:
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gmessages.h:109: warning: `visibility' attribute directive ignored
In file included from SDL/../Linux/../SDL/OrbiterRenderer_SDL.h:10,
                 from SDL/../Linux/OrbiterRenderer_Linux.h:8,
                 from SDL/StartOrbiterSDL.h:6,
SDL/../Linux/../SDL/../OrbiterRenderer.h:41: syntax error before `;'
make: *** [Main.o] Error 1

I'm not sure what the syntax should be for this.  Any help?

Thanks
Rob

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Orbiter on Zaurus?
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 04:12:15 pm »
This one is easy to managed. Just comment #include "define_cond.h" from src/utilities/defines/define_all.h.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Orbiter on Zaurus?
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 04:14:48 pm »
Btw, "make bin" should be used to compile Orbiter.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Almost...
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2006, 02:49:49 am »
chris.m,
Again I really appreciate your help on this :)
I commented out comment out define_cond.h in define_all.h and "make" still throws

Computing dependencies for ../utilities/linux/wrapper/wrapper_x11.cppIn file included from ../utilities/linux/wrapper/../../defines/define_all.h:19,
../utilities/linux/wrapper/../../defines/define_logger.h:35: badly punctuated parameter list in `#define'
../utilities/linux/wrapper/../../defines/define_logger.h:36: badly punctuated parameter list in `#define'
../utilities/linux/wrapper/../../defines/define_logger.h:37: badly punctuated parameter list in `#define'
../utilities/linux/wrapper/../../defines/define_logger.h:38: badly punctuated parameter list in `#define'
In file included from ../utilities/linux/wrapper/../../defines/define_all.h:20,
../utilities/linux/wrapper/../../defines/define_other.h:26: warning: invalid character in macro parameter name
../utilities/linux/wrapper/../../defines/define_other.h:26: badly punctuated parameter list in `#define'
../utilities/linux/wrapper/wrapper_x11.cpp:73: warning: invalid character in macro parameter name
../utilities/linux/wrapper/wrapper_x11.cpp:73: badly punctuated parameter list in `#define'
 done

Computing dependencies for ../utilities/linux/window_manager/wmctrl/wmctrl.cpp../utilities/linux/window_manager/wmctrl/wmctrl.cpp:168: warning: invalid character in macro parameter name
../utilities/linux/window_manager/wmctrl/wmctrl.cpp:168: badly punctuated parameter list in `#define'
 done
Computing dependencies for ../utilities/linux/window_manager/WMController/WMController.cppIn file included from ../utilities/linux/window_manager/WMController/WMController.cpp:10:
../utilities/linux/window_manager/WMController/../../../defines/define_logger.h:35: badly punctuated parameter list in `#define'
../utilities/linux/window_manager/WMController/../../../defines/define_logger.h:36: badly punctuated parameter list in `#define'
../utilities/linux/window_manager/WMController/../../../defines/define_logger.h:37: badly punctuated parameter list in `#define'
../utilities/linux/window_manager/WMController/../../../defines/define_logger.h:38: badly punctuated parameter list in `#define'
 ndone

And "make bin"  throws this:

ot@zaurus:~/PlutoHome/Orbiter# make bin
g++ -c -I.. -I../DCE -I/usr/include/mysql -D_DEVEL_DEFINES -I/usr/include/SDL -DORBITER -DCACHE_IMAGES -DENABLE_MOUSE_BEHAVIOR -I../Splitter -I../OrbiterGen -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DUSE_WX_LIB=0 -Wall -fPIC -ggdb3 -g -O0 -DUSE_WX_LIB=0 Main.cpp -o Main.o
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gmessages.h:109: warning: `visibility' attribute directive ignored

Can I comment out define_logger.h and define_other.h? or will that screw things up?

Rob

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Orbiter on Zaurus?
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2006, 12:36:35 pm »
Hi,

You can comment the lines from define_logger.h and any other line from Orbiter which uses these macro definitions.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Orbiter on Zaurus?
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006, 07:19:17 pm »
chris.m,
Sorry it has taken so long to get back to this/  I was in Japan the last couple of weeks and couldn`t get to working on this. I've gotten a bit farther along though.

I had to comment out

//E_DEBUG_CODE
//#include "define_all.h"
//#else
//#include "../../defines/define_all.h"
//#endif // USE_DEBUG_CODE

in utilities/linux/wrapper/wrapper_x11.cpp
make now goes without errors or warnings.

Now when I do a "make bin" however it still throws:
root@zaurus:~/PlutoHome/Orbiter# make bin

Here is the code around line 109 in /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gmessages.h

/* internal */
void    _g_log_fallback_handler (const gchar   *log_domain,
                                 GLogLevelFlags log_level,
                                 const gchar   *message,
                                 gpointer       unused_data) G_GNUC_INTERNAL;

/* Internal functions, used to implement the following macros */
void g_return_if_fail_warning (const char *log_domain,
                               const char *pretty_function,
                               const char *expression);
void g_assert_warning         (const char *log_domain,
                               const char *file,
                               const int   line,
                               const char *pretty_function,
                               const char *expression) G_GNUC_NORETURN;

and from SDL/../Linux/../SDL/../OrbiterRenderer.h:41:

OrbiterRenderer(Orbiter *pOrbiter);

void ConfigureDefaultTextStyle();
        virtual void UpdateScreen();

auto_ptr<TextStyle> m_spTextStyle;
        pluto_pthread_mutex_t m_NeedRedrawVarMutex; //this will protect needredr
aw vectors

public:

Orbiter *m_pOrbiter;

pluto_pthread_mutex_t m_bgImageReqMutex;
        list<PlutoGraphic **> m_listbgImageGraphic;
        list<string> m_listbgImageFilename;

Any ideas?