Author Topic: Resolved: Improvements: 810 alpha2 possible wiimote problem  (Read 2939 times)

pigdog

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Resolved: Improvements: 810 alpha2 possible wiimote problem
« on: April 11, 2009, 03:51:05 am »
I've run into a possible wiimote problem.

When I installed a wiimote under 810 Alpha2 it went just fine as per http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=993376.

Then I rebooted.

Since I don't have any workspaces on my Core/Hybrid, only F1,F7 & F8, I have to open the KDE desktop to get a console.

As soon as I put the wiimote into self discovery sometimes I see a message box get generated "4358 confirming_mobile_phone" something?

If I try to get back to main menu via workspace 5 or by selecting OrbiterGL on the KDE desktop I will return to the Flicker screen.

However, I have lost the main menu and only have OrbiterGL, PlutoGalleryViewer and Pluto-Xine-window, etc icons showing.  Clicking on OribiterGL in Flicker goes nowhere.

If someone has a wiimote on 810 Alpha and workspaces that show up, could they F2 - activate self discovery and F7 back to the main menu to see if the main menu is there?

If it isn't,  there is a problem.

Thanks.

I just got the 4358 message pop up again (multiple 3-4 times over minutes) and a K Bluetooth4 - The KDE4 Bluetooth Framework - The KDE Crash Handler.

A Fatal Error Occurred

The application Bluetooth4 - The KDE4 Bluetooth Framework (kbluetooth4) crashed and caused the signal 11 (SIGSEGV).

Unfortunately the KDE Crash Handler was unable to create a valid backtrace.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:39:28 pm by pigdog »

pigdog

• View Profile
Improvements: 810 alpha2 possible wiimote problem.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 01:17:36 am »
With the alpha 2.8/2,9 load the wiimote is running much better.

When put into discovery mode OrbiterGL is no longer lost.

I  have still crashed.  KBluetooth4 signal 11 (SIGSEGV).

But it's better.

pigdog

• View Profile
Re: Resolved: Improvements: 810 alpha2 possible wiimote problem
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 09:44:32 pm »
Hi,

Bluetooth dongle can be very touchy about where it is (port location).

Sometimes you have to move it around till you find an usb port it likes.

I got it running just fine on the Core/Hybrid and today I migrated it to a MD (had to move it around usb ports) but all was fine.

It installs so easy on 810, compared to 710.

Cheers.