Author Topic: Device Template Self-Destruction on Ruby Code Edit  (Read 3247 times)

alx9r

• Guru
    • View Profile
Device Template Self-Destruction on Ruby Code Edit
« on: April 11, 2009, 01:38:50 am »
When editing ruby codes for RS232 device templates from the admin page, I have found that some commands result in the entire list of ruby codes being wiped out from the template.  Has anyone else seen this?

Which exact clicks do you perform to make changes to your ruby rectangles?

Here is what I am doing:
1. Admin Page => Advanced =>Configuration=>Device Templates
2. Select Device Template 71 (Denon AVC-A1SRA (RS232)).
3. Click 'Pick Device Template'.  'Edit Device template #71' window opens.
4. 'Edit Device template #71' window, click 'Edit Audio/Video Properties'.  'Edit IR Codes' window opens.
5. I am trying to edit ruby box #165 DVD in the inputs section.  There seems to be three possibilities to change the contents of that ruby box:
    a) click 'New Code'. This opens the 'Learn Code' window.  Fill in the new code in the rectangle and click 'Add Code'.
  OR
    b) click 'Delete Code'.  (Maybe I could just delete this one code it and re-create it.)
  OR
    c) change the code in the ruby rectangle in this window and click 'Update' at the bottom of the page.

All three options in step 5 result in the same thing: An 'Edit IR Codes' with no ruby rectangles at all except for #165 that I'm editing.  I have had similar experiences with other templates although I always eventually found a way to edit the ruby rectangle without template destruction.  For this one, I am stumped.

I have attached screenshots before and after destruction.

Thanks for your help,

Alex

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
Re: Device Template Self-Destruction on Ruby Code Edit
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 11:09:34 am »
I've seen the exact same with the Marantz SR template (that is the reason why it stayed unfixed for such long time)

was that 0710 or 0810?

br, Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

alx9r

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 04:24:54 pm »
I've seen the exact same with the Marantz SR template (that is the reason why it stayed unfixed for such long time)
Thanks for confirming, hari.  It seems the stakes are pretty high attempting any changes to an elaborate template.

was that 0710 or 0810?
0710RC2 both the AMD64 and i386 versions do this. 

Alex

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 08:33:52 pm »
Hi,

haven't noticed this, but obviously my weird way of editing Ruby codes saved me this problem. I always do Copy on code, then paste it to external text editor and then copy/paste back when it's ready. Then I just update everything...

HTH,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 11:45:06 am »
This is a known issue and is being worked on. It only happens while editing existing device templates. (If you start your own device, you can work on it with no problems, it only happens to device templates that already exist in sqlCVS). I should be getting around to fixing this in the next couple of weeks

alx9r

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 03:34:12 pm »
This is a known issue and is being worked on...I should be getting around to fixing this in the next couple of weeks

Great!  Thanks jondecker!

It only happens while editing existing device templates. (If you start your own device, you can work on it with no problems, it only happens to device templates that already exist in sqlCVS).
Thanks for confirming this.  That's what I am seeing.

Alex

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 06:22:16 pm »
hmm, maybe it tries to fetch latest (empty) "shared IR codes"?

br, Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation