Author Topic: 0810 alpha 2 no /usr/pluto/diskless  (Read 29159 times)

jimmejames

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: 0810 alpha 2 no /usr/pluto/diskless
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2009, 12:51:46 am »
I just updated to the latest alpha on a MD (http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/EVGA_nForce_e-7050_610i) that used to require me to copy over the file as covered in the wiki (http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Unrecognized_NIC.)

I am currently going through the AV Wizard having simply turned on the MD- no hacking, no busybox errors, nothing- install has been flawless.  This box has a nVidia video card (using a PCI-e one because I needed s-video out) and the core (M3A78-EM) has an ATI video card- incase someone was wondering about mixing video card manufacturers.

Also just added a WebDT 366- installation was smooth as it was in 710.  There maybe an issue in that I am confident that I selected the Family Room as the location and when it generated the scenario it generated for the master bedroom; as that this is the wrong forum for this, I will leave it at that and post again when I install the WebDTs if I experience the same.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 01:37:19 am by jimmejames »

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2009, 08:50:21 am »
I just updated to the latest alpha on a MD [...]
I am currently going through the AV Wizard having simply turned on the MD- no hacking, no busybox errors, nothing- install has been flawless.

Thank you for the feedback. Ticket #166 seems to be finally fixed. A long journey came to an end ;)

If anyone is still having problems with booting MDs, please file a ticket (after verifying that a similar ticket does not yet exist).

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2009, 06:59:19 am »
I can confirm that this is working for me too.
I did a fresh install.
Booted my first MD (64bit AMD with integrated Nvidia 7050pv)
After a while the core MD asked for a Quick reload and the AV Wizard came up on the MD.
No drivers, no reboot, no xorg setup, pure fun :)
And a full regen of all orbiters

I then tried my Asus Pundit with a Nic that was usupported in 7.10 and a ATI integrated x1200 or something.
That one is also AMD 64bit.
After a while the core MD asked for a Quick reload and the AV Wizard came up on the MD.

GREAT WORK!

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2009, 09:35:18 am »
cirion,

your post made my morning :)

Thank you for the positive feedback.

Now we need to figure out, what happens with the installs, where it does not work.

Emiku

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2009, 06:06:52 pm »
I then tried my Asus Pundit with a Nic that was usupported in 7.10 and a ATI integrated x1200 or something.
That one is also AMD 64bit.

GREAT WORK!

Cirion, do you use UI2 and does the photoscreen saver work?

- Emiku

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2009, 10:03:30 pm »
Cirion, do you use UI2 and does the photoscreen saver work?
Yes, I use UI2 with overlay, and yes the photo screen saver works on the Core and all the MD's.