Author Topic: Tricklestar USB or Seluxit viaSens 100  (Read 5737 times)

rednus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Tricklestar USB or Seluxit viaSens 100
« on: April 09, 2009, 04:35:47 pm »
All,

I have almost ordered components for my new LMCE core.. now to security and Lighting module..

problem is that i cant buy z-wave stuff from US because they use different freq.. and confusion is that there aren't many products in the europe.. so to start my confusion with, which of the USB adapters should i buy.. Tricklestar or seluxit.. what is the range on those.. my core will be sitting in the corner of 1st floor or 3 storied home.. ofcourse there will be few repeaters but i need to know which one will perform better thru walls etc...

also anybody know if HomeSeer multi sensors are available for and in UK/Europe?

cheers
rednus

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
Re: Tricklestar USB or Seluxit viaSens 100
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 10:37:57 pm »
the seluxit has better range, the tricklestar a slightly newer firmware. Both were sponsoring development with samples. The Seluxit works out of the box in 0710. The HSM100 is called EZMotion in Europe and should be available at zwave4u.de and others.

br, Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

Schmich

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 12:39:23 am »
Quick question whilst we're on the topic: is it possible to have several? Basically this summer I will get started with Zwave things and I could use something that would be 5 floors down (assuming the waves don't pass that many layers of conrete).

Anthony_Molg

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 01:29:41 pm »
It is hard to tell. But you are right, one devise would have a time seeing through that much concrete. But Z wave uses a mesh network. So put in a few repeater devises in between and you should be OK.

Schmich

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 08:01:09 pm »
edit: wow, i was supposed to write this in the zwave thread http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=7869.0 I must have chosen a tab with a search result...

As a newbie I must say I don't understand the wiki about getting started with zwave and it doesn't match what I thought how zwave worked.

What I thought:
You need a master controller attached to LinuxMCE for it to talk the zwave devices.
Then you also need a usb stick (with/out controller doesn't matter) to add the zwave decides to LinuxMCE

I thought the Seluxit viaSENS Homecontroller was a master controller however in the wiki it is listed as usb stick without controller. The wiki also states that a master controller is required however the only usb stick with a controller mentioned is the MCV one.

So questions:
Is master controller = controller?
Are the two first lines of what I thought right?
If yes for both above questions, is the list of usb-sticks without controller correct?
If yes, aside from the MCV stick what other controllers are there?

Thanks

edit: wow -.- I was meant to write this
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 09:28:45 pm by Schmich »

chrisbirkinshaw

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 09:58:53 pm »
I used the tricklestar stick, a laptop running windows and something called Z-Tool from homeseer to configure the initial network. You then plug the USB stick into LMCE and your config is automatically downloaded (your lights are added). You then just need to assign them to rooms etc.

You can use a master controller in place of the laptop to setup the initial network. LMCE can't do this bit.

Chris

Schmich

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 05:56:04 am »
Okay thanks, that makes a little more sense then. For some reason I thought a usb stick and controller did the opposite things.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 07:47:25 pm »
You can use a master controller in place of the laptop to setup the initial network. LinuxMCE can't do this bit.
err, wrong. The z-wave dce device has proper "add node" and "remove node" commands in 0810. But you prolly won't carry your core around :-p
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation