I have tried searching the forums and Wiki but I have had no luck. I found these relevant links, but have not been able to get it working:MythTV Channel Lineup IssueAnyone Successfully using HDHomeRun?HDHomerun LinuxMCE Wiki pageChennel Lineup for my US Zip Code
This is taking place on my Hybrid Core and it is the only MD at the moment. I do note have a remote, all I have is a keyboard and mouse on the core\hybrid and a windows orbiter running on my laptop.
When I launch mythTV via the onscreen choice Media -> TV, I have basically a black screen with a blue bar on the bottom and the time on the upper right. An error message flashes on the screen ever 3 seconds. The error reads:
You should have gotten a channel lock by now. You can continue to wait for a signal, or you can change the channels with up or down, change imputes (c), capture cards (y), etc.
Ok is my only choice at the bottom of this message
If i let it continue like this, after a minute I get a blue screen with the following error:
MythTV is having problems. Reset the backend?
Yes or No are my choices at the bottom of this message
If I click Yes, i get this message:
Could not connect to the master backend server - is it running? Is the IP address set for it in the setup program correct?
Ok is my only choice at the bottom of this message however I am unable to select it. I can press F7 and exit MythTV from the onscreen display.
On my windows machine, I can use VNC to view the channels so I know the HDHomerun is working correctly. I am at a loss for what I should do in order to get this working as I am fairly new to Linux.
Steps I take to get to the issue:
1. Clean install of 710 after running all of the setup wizards.
2. I plug the HDHomerun device. It is auto detected and I am prompted to setup the device.
3. I get a screen letting me know it is installing and then channel scans will run for each of the 2 tuners. This takes <5 minutes and I am asked if i would like to go to the Media player wizard.
4. Both Tuners are listed, I select the first one, enter my schedulesdirect account and select the channel lineup.
---I use Comcast Digital -- some channels removed (mostly the encrypted ones, or premium channels)
5. I receive the message that myth is ready but it can take a while for guide data.
6. I let it sit for about 40 minutes and reload the router
7. Launch MythTV
Also of note:
Despite manually running Mythfilldatabase, this is listed in the status from mythweb:
Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2009-04-05 20:31 and ended on 2009-04-05 20:32.
Suggested next mythfilldatabase run: 2009-04-06 18:23.
There's no guide data available! Have you run mythfilldatabase?
DataDirect Status: Your subscription expires on 03/17/10 14:51:19
Should I be doing something different anywhere?
any help, guidance, or direction is greatly appreciated