So I reinstalled the latest 8.10 with the same issues as the first time. I also plugged in my fiire chief this time and it does not work properly either, mapping is off, none of the functions work, vol, media, transport controls etc.
USBuirt - I have tried modifying the device template for the uirt with no luc , I try to pull up a log "errors or tail" and the log does not exist, It does detect and register the device when I tail dmesg.
Mine is on /dev/ttyUSB0 and I try forcing that address in the webadmin or via the template but ofcourse it defaults back to the pci string, which if I recall for my TV (sharp aquos) was a problem, I am trying to find notes on how I fixed that.
BUT hey I have my mce remote working I have not tried and transmits with it yet and DVD playback is working - YEH!!!