Author Topic: Matrix-Style Attribute Editor  (Read 3158 times)

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Matrix-Style Attribute Editor
« on: April 05, 2009, 02:51:46 am »
Linuxmce finds the embedded id3 attribute data for my mp3s (managed via iTunes) fine.

I have a huge number of video files (home videos, downloaded adult entertainment, etc) in formats that have no embedded tagging system and can not be identified via internet lookup. I have begun adding attributes via the web admin but it is going to take me too long since the UI isn't very efficient for this kind of data entry. Is there a tool that allows me to either modify the mysql database itself or .id3 tag files using a matrix-style UI (like iTunes)? I read in one post that the .id3 files were proprietary so I'm guessing the answer is no.

If no, are there plans for such a thing?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 05:06:38 pm by davegravy »

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Matrix-Style Attribute Editor
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 06:15:36 pm »
I take it from the lack of responses and page views that

a) there is no such tool
b) there is no desire for such a tool

from which I derive that

c) linuxmce is geared more towards media produced by Big Media Corps versus stuff made by the little guy which isn't catalogued on internet databases. This is a little confusing since I always understood the open source community to stand up for the little guy.

Anyways, I'm hoping someone will point out that being a newby, I have

i)  overlooked an obvious feature and that the lack of responses is merely tongue-biting.
ii) asked about feature which is obviously needed and has been asked for too many times before (though my forum-searches have not revealed such), resulting in tongue-biting.

Thanks!

Dave

Pnuts

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 06:32:10 pm »
I found this via google: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Other-VIDEO-Tools/abcAVI-Tag-Editor.shtml

Looks like you can edit tags for pretty much anything and many different types of Tags for file data.

This might not be exactly what you are looking for, but it should make it easier to edit the tags outside of LMCE and hopefully afterwards LMCE would pick it up.

Give it a shot and let me know if it works  :)

-Pnuts

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 07:33:51 pm »
Thanks Pnuts,

I'll take a look at it. Only seems to do avi and divx files, but it would be a start.

If there's info somewhere on the .id3 file format, someone could easily write a 3rd party app to handle this. Integration into linuxmce would be prefered obviously, but in the mean time...

Dave

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 09:04:35 pm »
Something like this was started, but due to the need to eat, it has not been finished. As you noted, there is no way to currently embed the tags into most video files. I would love to say its coming soon, but I just dont have the time atm. And being a novice, it takes me time.

if you want, i can provide you with what I have so far

There is this: http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=3907.0 which may also help you out.
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.