Author Topic: [SOLVED] SPDIF sound everywhere except from orbiter.  (Read 10030 times)

piusvelte

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: SPDIF sound everywhere except from orbiter.
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 04:13:35 pm »
What command is issued to xine from the orbiter to play DVDs? Is there a option sent to change the output device that may be the problem here?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 07:48:04 pm »
You have a misunderstanding of the system.

We do not use xine-ui.

We use a player that takes DCE messages, based on libxine.

This player code is in src/Xine_Player in our SVN.

When Xine_Player starts, a configuration file is created for the libxine thread, based on configuration of your media director thread. Now, you can go to wizard > media director and change the sound card to "Manually Configured" ... at which point, you can manually modify /etc/pluto/xine.conf and change the sound settings there...

But this is a band-aid, and if you do that.. then.. okay.. we can't really help any further.

What NEEDS to happen, is you need to look at our asound.conf to see how things are configured, and look at what needs to happen to have our system output the correct sound configuration, either via a device template override, or through core code changes.

-Thom

piusvelte

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 08:33:09 pm »
You have a misunderstanding of the system.

We do not use xine-ui.

We use a player that takes DCE messages, based on libxine.

This player code is in src/Xine_Player in our SVN.

When Xine_Player starts, a configuration file is created for the libxine thread, based on configuration of your media director thread. Now, you can go to wizard > media director and change the sound card to "Manually Configured" ... at which point, you can manually modify /etc/pluto/xine.conf and change the sound settings there...

But this is a band-aid, and if you do that.. then.. okay.. we can't really help any further.

What NEEDS to happen, is you need to look at our asound.conf to see how things are configured, and look at what needs to happen to have our system output the correct sound configuration, either via a device template override, or through core code changes.

-Thom
Thank you Thom! As you've realized, I'm guessing my way through this as there haven't been many responses. I certainly want to stay along the recommended path for running LMCE, so I guess I'll be digging into asound.conf. The audio seems to be going out the right plug, but it's being decoded or something as my receiver displays "DEC ERR". Again, this is just when playing dvds through the orbiter. I'll dig around. Again, thank you very much for your help! I've been trying to get this running for a while now, and it seems that I'm close.

piusvelte

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009, 05:25:53 am »
Thom, thank you again for pointing me in the right direction. This is now solved.

When I went through the A/V Wizard, I select SPDIF Coax and Y for both Dolby Digital and DTS. The fix was to then go into the admin site, change the sound card to "Audigy", Uncheck the "Use AC3/DTS pass-through" and reboot the media director. Everything sounds good now and since figuring out how to get scrolling to work with my Wiimote and sensor bar, I can retire my aging Xbox based Xbox Media Center! Thanks!

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 05:29:00 am »
I'm glad it worked.

-Thom