Author Topic: Full support of Gyration Remote development work - Contributors please post  (Read 32016 times)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
For all those people that are interested in the Gyration remote option (particularly now that the Fiire remotes are effectively unavailable), you may have noticed some discussions going on in another thread. The bottom line is that the Gyration remote requires more than the ordinary control path to provide all-button functionality. Some considerable development work needs to be undertaken.

On a positive note, TSCHAK/Thom is prepared to devote some of his paid development time to this development effort. I would like to say that I think this is a very good idea, will provide you with another full-feature, gryo-style remote option, and will ultimately leave an ongoing legacy to the project in which you can legitimately feel you have contributed something back.

I am going to gather the names of people interested in this effort, and then work with Thom to determine what the per-person contribution would need to be. NOTE: this is not a commitment at this stage, we just want to get a number of interested parties so that we can work out what the cost per-person would be. I will communicate that cost back to you all and ask if you are prepared to proceed on that basis.

So, if you are at all interested in this, are prepared to consider payment to assist, and in anyway feel that you would like to contribute back to a project which has already given you so much for free (there's the guilt trip!), please post in reply to this thread ASAP.

donpaul

• Guru
    • View Profile
I will contribute.

Dale_K

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Ooops, I posted this in the other thread.

You can count me in for $100 via PayPal, CC, GooglePay, whichever is convenient.  PM me with payment details.

Ray_N

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Your Plan B!
I'm in...let us know how much and payment method...
   Colin, thank you for organizing this...

R

And BTW: I'm assuming "full support", really means "full support", as in, it will also work with MythTV and all of its features.

pcbastard

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Put me in for $75.  Let me know the details...

I love to see Thom do his thing!!! :P

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Come on forum members, we are going to need far more contributors to make this cost effective for all!

I think we need to aim for a minimum of 30 members, so Roll Up! Roll Up! to any of those sitting on the sidelines at the moment pondering, stand up and be counted if you want this to happen!

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
yeah - count me in.

Nigle

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
I'll try to donate, pm me with some details I guess. 

donpaul

• Guru
    • View Profile
Lets get a cost so we know how much and how many we need. The remote is one of the most important aspects of any media center. It can be frustrating, no matter how good the product is, when it is difficult to use from the couch.

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Count me in

Dale_K

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Lets get a cost so we know how much and how many we need. The remote is one of the most important aspects of any media center. It can be frustrating, no matter how good the product is, when it is difficult to use from the couch.

Agreed, put up a hard number, then we can get specific dollar amounts from contributors and we'll know what we need.

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
I am currently unemployed but would like to show my support for this effort and help in any way i can.

Anthony_Molg

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
I am hurting right now in the $$$ Dept. But I will commit to a MIN of $20.

Anthony

cnadarajah

• View Profile
put me down for 50

Esperanto

• Guru
    • View Profile
interested. keep me updated plz