Author Topic: Telecom Plug-in Features  (Read 3954 times)

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
Telecom Plug-in Features
« on: April 15, 2009, 04:24:07 pm »
The following feature requests are just some things that have crossed my mind and I wanted to make a note of them here:

-Asterisk support for bluetooth trunks so our mobile phones can be integrated into the system.  I believe later versions of asterisk support this already.

-Ability to use orbiters as phone devices.  I actually feel that the orbiter should be able to do everything an MD can except playback video, I do think they should be able to playback audio as well since they are typically lightweight devices and while they wouldn't make great radio's, would serve their purpose well enough for things like talking to the intruder in your house.

-Plug and Play support for PSTN lines like VOIP lines already have.  I am running a Sipura currently and while the setup was not too difficult following JonDecker's guide, there is quite a bit of hacking around involved.  Thanks for the guide JonDecker.

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Telecom Plug-in Features
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 05:17:53 pm »
I like these ideas. All we need is someone to create the templates for those devices...

Another thought, we should also look into upgrading asterisk/freepbx as well. We need someone who's intimate with asterisk/freepbx and is also willing to deep dive into our dial-plans, which are the most extensive I've seen, anywhere...

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Telecom Plug-in Features
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 06:53:48 pm »
chan_mobile has a number of problems, one of them is it completely grabs the bluetooth adaptor for itself, and thus mobile orbiter support is completely broken as a result. Unusable.

I am going to do research later to use a media director as a headset for a mobile phone, and other combinations.

-Thom