Author Topic: Re: "Tough Love In This Forum"  (Read 5983 times)

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: "Tough Love In This Forum"
« on: March 27, 2009, 11:08:51 am »
I think I must be missing something, I'm not sure where you feel something was specifically directed at you. Do you mean in this particular thread, or are you referring to something else I don't know about (or missed!)

To answer your question, I feel that the deletion of my posts is pretty much specifically directed at me.  That is what I was refering to.  The same pretty much goes for bluntly locking that thread for no aparent reason other then to avoid the question obviously. 

And I guess you'll have to excuse me for getting a bit paranoid when suddenly a project turns into a totalitarian nightmare overnight because someone feels that these forums make him look bad to his friends (that have absolutely nothing to do with this project or community at all) and starts laying down the law.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
Re: Re: "Tough Love In This Forum"
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 11:29:29 am »
I think I must be missing something, I'm not sure where you feel something was specifically directed at you. Do you mean in this particular thread, or are you referring to something else I don't know about (or missed!)

To answer your question, I feel that the deletion of my posts is pretty much specifically directed at me.  That is what I was refering to.  The same pretty much goes for bluntly locking that thread for no aparent reason other then to avoid the question obviously. 

And I guess you'll have to excuse me for getting a bit paranoid when suddenly a project turns into a totalitarian nightmare overnight because someone feels that these forums make him look bad to his friends (that have absolutely nothing to do with this project or community at all) and starts laying down the law.

Zaerc I can understand your annoyance and anger at all of this. But I would ask you just to 'take a breath' stand back and not react with anger all the time. No one wants a 'totalitarian' state or oppression of 'free speach' but we do want a place where everyone is happy to participate and can do so without worrying about getting 'bashed on the head' just because their perspective is different - and that applies to you too!

...I say the above in a positive and friendly way.

All the best

Andrew
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 02:04:35 pm »

Zaerc I can understand your annoyance and anger at all of this. But I would ask you just to 'take a breath' stand back and not react with anger all the time. No one wants a 'totalitarian' state or oppression of 'free speach' but we do want a place where everyone is happy to participate and can do so without worrying about getting 'bashed on the head' just because their perspective is different - and that applies to you too!

All the best

Andrew

I think you are missing the point that we used to talk things through before making decisions instead of bluntly saying out of the blue: "I run the servers and my friends say it's unprofessional so I have decided...".

This has set a very dangerous precedent, and the recent deleting and locking of things certain people of our new ruling class don't seem to like is merely a symptom.  This damage is un-repairable, and I strongly feel that pandora's box has been opened.  But hey what do I know, I sure as hell don't have a say in things anymore (which happened to be a very important illusion to me).

Furthermore the mere fact that these people can't even be bothered to own up to what they are doing is a sign on the wall.  Problems are solved by talking things through and certainly not with the use of the delete button.  That is completely out the window now.  For example last night I was literally told in the developers chatroom: "lucky this aint the forum", "or I would have deleted your ass" by one of our new so called admins because he felt like "messin" with me.  Somehow I fail to see how this will make things any better.

-- Anonymous

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 02:19:33 pm »

All the best

Andrew

I think you are missing the point that we used to talk things through before making decisions instead of bluntly saying out of the blue: "I run the servers and my friends say it's unprofessional so I have decided...".

This has set a very dangerous precedent, and the recent deleting and locking of things certain people of our new ruling class don't seem to like is merely a symptom.  This damage is un-repairable, and I strongly feel that pandora's box has been opened.  But hey what do I know, I sure as hell don't have a say in things anymore (which happened to be a very important illusion to me).

Furthermore the mere fact that these people can't even be bothered to own up to what they are doing is a sign on the wall.  Problems are solved by talking things through and certainly not with the use of the delete button.  That is completely out the window now.  For example last night I was literally told in the developers chatroom: "lucky this aint the forum", "or I would have deleted your ass" by one of our new so called admins because he felt like "messin" with me.  Somehow I fail to see how this will make things any better.

I think you're taking this way out of context... There wasn't anything meant by that comment (since it was followed by an "LOL"). Like I said in a previous post, once the rules are voted on, then the moderators have no choice but to follow them. Let's move on...

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 02:26:18 pm »

All the best

Andrew

I think you're taking this way out of context... There wasn't anything meant by that comment (since it was followed by an "LOL"). Like I said in a previous post, once the rules are voted on, then the moderators have no choice but to follow them. Let's move on...
That context is perfectly on the spot, feel free to post the whole conversation to prove me wrong.
-- Anonymous

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 02:30:13 pm »

All the best

Andrew

That context is perfectly on the spot, feel free to post the whole conversation to prove me wrong.

I'll speak to others, but I'm almost positive no one was directly getting at you... No one hates anyone here or is aiming to do anything to anyone here. Like I said, the rules will be the rules. Moderators will not deviate from them.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 02:35:15 pm »
I'll speak to others, but I'm almost positive no one was directly getting at you... No one hates anyone here or is aiming to do anything to anyone here. Like I said, the rules will be the rules. Moderators will not deviate from them.
Then answer my very simple and direct question instead of beating around the bush and repeating yourself.
-- Anonymous