Author Topic: Advanced Scenario Question??  (Read 4438 times)

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
Advanced Scenario Question??
« on: March 26, 2009, 05:19:57 pm »
Hi all.

I have a question as to how to set up an advanced scenario on my Living Room MD (Core/Hybrid).

Here is what I want to do:

1.) Turn off all living room lamps/lights/sconces (or make sure they are in the "Off" mode. (This is already being handled swimmingly with the lighting wizard)
2.) Have the TV in that room turn off. (And this is the part that escapes me)

Here is what I have done.

Lighting portion is good. Works great, but I would like to add a 30 second delay. So as to be able to get to the bedroom before they turn off.

However, when I choose the entry for my TV in the advanced wizard, the command box only show one thing "-no command-"

Now I know I can turn the tv off. It actually does it by itself when nothing goes on for 15 minutes, but why can't I add this to a lighting scenario?

There are no commands for "Off" or "On" ??

Also, which portion or drop down do I choose for a 30 second delay, before it powers down the lights?

Any scenario guru's wish to help out here?

Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Advanced Scenario Question??
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 05:22:54 pm »
If you want to turn of AV stuff, use the Media Player as the source you want to control. Maybe that helps.

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 05:47:58 pm »
I set my TV to turn off when I use the sleep function from the lighting menu, I believe like Posde said that you use the MD as the device and send the off command.. but i would have to look to be positive.

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 08:41:53 pm »
Seth - Look into the DCERouter delay command to get your delay. I believe the parameter is in minutes...

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 10:08:25 pm »
Seth,

Make sure your template is implementing on/off commands. Even though it has the commands defined/implemented for the device, for them to show up in the commands drop down inside scenarios they need to be ticked in the template.
There is a command group with just on/off already defined that you can add.

HTH
Darren

seth

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 12:38:08 pm »
 ;)
Ok.
I went into the template for the TV and manually added the On/Off command group, and now I have all the functions that my USB-UIRT can control available in the advanced wizard drop down. However, it did not work on a "Test Code" press of the button in the webadmin.

I have a question: Could this be because I have "Ignore On/Off" set to "On" in the advanced page for the TV? This seems like the most logical answer, but I am not sure, as if I turn this to "Off" then every time I exit media, the TV turns off as the last command. This was doing this before I made any changes to the template, and has been the result since the day I installed LMCE.

Does this new ability in the advanced scenario require that "Ignore On/Off" be set to "Off", and if so, is there a way to make it not turn the TV off as soon as the media exits, and then just continue to do so after the timeout has passed? It is quite vexing, but I am sure someone in this forum has found the "proper" way to get these things to all work in concert.

So to sum up:

I now have the on/off function in the advanced scenario when selecting the TV device for that room.
It does not work.
I have the "Ignore On/Off" set to "on" in the advanced window.
If I set this to "off" is there a way to have the TV not get turned off, after media exits (immediately actually) and still have it do the 5 minute no activity timeout power cycle?

I have not yet looked into the delays. But I will have a look at johndecker's answer at the next opportunity.

Kinda sucks sometimes having a system in production, that very seldom ever gets the opportunity to test things, but that just proves it is a solution that everyone gets benefit out of daily in my home.

Best Regards,

Seth

seth

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 05:55:36 pm »
 ???
 Can someone confirm to me the time variable setting for dcerouter delays in the advanced wizard. Is it in fact minutes or seconds?

Thanks,

Seth

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 06:24:52 pm »
I can confirm that when I had the ignore on/off commands checked that mine did not work.

seth

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 06:30:04 pm »
 :D
Excellent, thank you for that. Do you now how to overcome it turning off the TV after watching media. Mine does this almost instantly.

Regards,

Seth