Author Topic: Set up Standard DVD Language  (Read 1904 times)

firefist235

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Set up Standard DVD Language
« on: June 23, 2009, 05:34:54 pm »
Hi all,

I am a little bit confused that no one else than me, asked a question like this. I searched but i can't find an answer.

So, how can i change the standard language for DVDs? I mean the Menu-Language and the Audio-Language.
Menus are all written in english, but i want to change this to german (works on my Stand-Alone-Player). Same with the audio-language, but this can be changed while playing easily.

can someone help me please.

cya

PS: This is my first post here, and I just wann say: THANK YOU for this great Work :D MCE is just fine :D

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Set up Standard DVD Language
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 12:07:56 am »
Are you talking about the DVD menus language or LMCE's menu language? If DVD, then its like any other DVD player... it will start playing in whichever language is the default for that DVD. Many DVDs have a intro screen that let you change the language before moving on to the main DVD menu... you can choose it there (this has nothing to do with LMCE, it just chooses which menus to put up next, and they will have the language of choice). Other DVDs the language choice is in the "options" menu for the DVD which you will have to navigate into to use. But again, nothing to do with LMCE. There may be a default language setting in the DVD standard that can auto select language for you, not sure on that one. But if so, I don't believe that LMCE currently exposes/uses that feature. But that really is only a convenience thing... nothing is stopping you using the normal DVD menus for choosing the DVD menu language.

firefist235

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Set up Standard DVD Language
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 04:41:47 pm »
hi. i am talking about the DVD menu language.

DVDs with a language choice at the very beginning, show the chosen menu language.
Other DVDs don't have this choice menu, they start with the default language, like you said.
But i can't change the menu language. Neither in the audio settings menu of the DVD nor with the "DVD Options" Menu on the Orbiter.
well, i can choose german on the Orbiter but the menu remains english.

On my Stand-alone-player, for example, in the set-up menu i can choose the standard language for Menus, Voice and Subtitles.
Doesn't this work on MCE too?

PS: please excuse my possibly bad english :D