Author Topic: Tearing experiences  (Read 8473 times)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Tearing experiences
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 02:49:31 pm »
davegravy - I'm sorry but you seem to have mislead me! You implied you had the same problem with all UIs.... UI2+alpha has a tearing issue, this is a well known issue and should be expected. We cannot help you with that. Virtually everyone has that issue. All other UI's should not experience this issue. You have seen that UI1 does not, you will find that UI2+masking does not either. I think this is the end of this issue - set to UI2+masking and you will be fine.

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Tearing experiences
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 03:17:05 pm »
I have no intention of misleading you, and appologize if I have done. As I stated in my original post I had gone through all three UI settings and was experiencing tearing in all of them. I don't know what has changed in my setup since then but UI1 does now seem to solve it, UI2 masked remains to be re-tested.

I wasn't aware that playback in Kaffeine was affected by UI settings, which is why I had left the UI2+alpha setting during the later testing dispite reading about common problems with it. It's now evident that this was a poor assumption, and I appologize for not stating it as one. Sorry for wasting your time.