Author Topic: Please remove me from adminstrators....  (Read 3676 times)

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Please remove me from adminstrators....
« on: March 27, 2009, 04:13:30 pm »
Hi,

I haven't even started doing anything and I already got flamed by lmce3000 in private message queoted below :
Dude! what's going on? why did you delete Your comments from my thread?
and I quote " Do you always take credit for someone else's backstabbing or are you just trying to be an asshole?"

Did you write that? or was it dlewis? Shame on you !!!!!

Please remove me from administrators. I certainly don't want to mess with everything bad going through these forums...
I'll try to contribute to threads but not mess with posters. Some time ago I got flamed few times really badly also, but I holded my breath and didn't respond. Maybe some of you should do the same... ;)

In such situation, I think that Adminstrators should stay away of any actions and let the time to show what is right or wrong. Currently the weather on these forums is too hot..

Regards,

Bulek.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 04:19:55 pm by bulek »
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Please remove me from adminstrators....
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 04:44:39 pm »
I dont know what you have to do to qualify to be an admin, but I am constantly on the forum and wouldn't mind getting flamed... so feel free to lay the duty on me if you think I am qualified.

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 07:12:16 pm »
Hi,

I haven't even started doing anything and I already got flamed by lmce3000 in private message queoted below :
Dude! what's going on? why did you delete Your comments from my thread?
and I quote " Do you always take credit for someone else's backstabbing or are you just trying to be an asshole?"

Did you write that? or was it dlewis? Shame on you !!!!!

Please remove me from administrators. I certainly don't want to mess with everything bad going through these forums...
I'll try to contribute to threads but not mess with posters. Some time ago I got flamed few times really badly also, but I holded my breath and didn't respond. Maybe some of you should do the same... ;)

In such situation, I think that Adminstrators should stay away of any actions and let the time to show what is right or wrong. Currently the weather on these forums is too hot..

Regards,

Bulek.

Bulek,

I got the same message from him... Please don't let this message take you away from being a moderator. Since I spoke to him, I don't think you'll receive such message in the future.

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 08:03:22 pm »
I don't mean to stick my nose where it doesn't belong, but this type of thing should be kept of the boards and dealt with via private chat in IRC, pm on the boards, or email.  Please remember this is public domain and airing dirty laundry is not any better for the boards than some of the postings.  Moderators please lock or remove this thread and continue the discussion elsewhere.  :)

lmce3000

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 10:25:48 pm »
Now Gentlemen, is this really necessary? The operative words here are PRIVATE MESSAGE.

I PMed bulek, dlewis and zaerc. Now, bulek answered and cleared things up and no one else responded.

There's a reason why this feature is labelled PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Need I say more ? Not trying to be redundent or anything.

John.
* Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day
*Teach a man how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 04:51:35 pm »
I'm going to chalk this up as one of the joys of censorship.  Hadn't read the PM myself yet, but I've answered it now.  And I wouldn't mind posting my reply here in public too, if that would help to set a few things straight.

My messages were probably inappropriate, but I could have been told that and we could have had an open discussion about it.  Simply deleting them without a word, then locking the thread and refusing to come out for that seems unacceptable to me, but I guess that is all part of the new way of running things around here.  Even in this thread there is another call to lock or delete it, more signs on the wall. 

I think I can understand bulek's reasons for starting this thread, but he could have just asked the person that made him an admin in private and be done with it.  I don't consider lmce3000's PM a flame, he just seems to be confused by what is going on and asking a question to clear things up for him.  Private messages however do not mean that their contents are secret in my opinion, but by posting them publicly you do hang someone out to dry which is not always a good thing. 
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous