Author Topic: Veo Observer IP Camera  (Read 6162 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Veo Observer IP Camera
« on: October 18, 2005, 03:39:45 am »
I decided to try and evaluate these cameras because they seemed to have a great price point, but I'm reconsidering now.  

Ok, I'm trying to set this IP Camera up. Here's the status of things:

1. Using the Generic IP Camera Template
AuthPassword: password
AuthUser: admin
Path: /LGI_en.htm
TCP Port: 80

The thing is, the Veo Observer ONLY works with Internet Explorer and loads an ActiveX controller to do so-- UGHH.
192.168.0.248/LGI_en.htm will send you straight to the login page and once you login, then the camera's interface loads, complete with live video.

The thing is, none of this works with Pluto. I can't view the camera in the orbiter or via the WAP interface when I'm away. It seems like PATH should point to a location where...still images are kept, but the VEO only appears to take stills if you select a 'take snapshot' option through the interface. Then it only takes one shot.

I guess I'm kind of confused as to what Pluto does with an IP Camera, how it uses it, exactly. AND, would I just be better off getting a camera that will work? :)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Veo Observer IP Camera
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 08:42:03 am »
Please enable remote acces and PM me with your installation number and password you set for remote access.

Maybe we can make your camera work.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Veo Observer IP Camera
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 09:42:32 am »
Hi,

maybe this will be of some help :

http://www.kahunaburger.com/blog/archives/000157.html

It's in Perl, I guess it won't be too hard to port to Ruby. I'd just kindly ask Dan to publish Ruby code, so we (more Perl familiar) could have a peek and learn some Ruby...

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Veo Observer IP Camera
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 04:53:57 pm »
Hi,

I have the same problem with my Veo Observer. Is this something you guys think can be resolved quite easily or should I just opt for a supported model?

Regards

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Same issue with DLINK 5300W
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 07:54:42 pm »
Hi

I feel the issue we have with the Dlink 5300W, is the same as this

"Has to use internet explorer and Active X Controls"

Thannks

Ranj

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Veo Observer IP Camera
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 01:35:51 am »
The problem is your pointing at an htm page and not the cgi script that provides the images. Motion will not process a whole page. You need to retrive just a jpeg snapshot or an mjpeg stream. I'm not familar with these cameras so I would not be able to give you the correct syntax but should look something like http://43.235.xxx.yyy/SnapshotJPEG?Resolution=320x240&Quality=Standard
http://43.235.xxx.yyy/nphMotionJPEG?Resolution=320x240&Quality=Standard
or like Axis is /axis-cgi/jpg/image.cgi?resolution=640x480 or /axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?resolution=640x480

Regards,
Cordel

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Veo Observer IP Camera
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 07:42:56 am »
Quote from: "tinia"
Hi,

maybe this will be of some help :

http://www.kahunaburger.com/blog/archives/000157.html

It's in Perl, I guess it won't be too hard to port to Ruby. I'd just kindly ask Dan to publish Ruby code, so we (more Perl familiar) could have a peek and learn some Ruby...

Regards,

Rob.

Hi,

I'd just like to point out above link. There you can find Perl script that extracts picture from this camera. I guess it won't be hard to produce GSD Ruby code that will do the same...

Take a look at Pluto IP camera devices (Panasonic, etc...) - they have method for getting picture (Get Video Frame) implemented in described way...

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Veo Observer IP Camera
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 07:42:13 pm »
Did anybody manage to resolve this?. We're thinking of purchasing a couple of Veo Observers.