Author Topic: Webdt 366 cradle pinout  (Read 4773 times)

alx2k

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Webdt 366 cradle pinout
« on: March 16, 2009, 01:19:03 pm »
As some of you, I own a Webdt 366 but I don't have a cradle, so I have to plug it directly to the AC adaptor.

I might be doing a DIY docking or charging surface for the Webdt, but I would need help from someone having a cradle and a multi-tester.

I have read somewhere that the craddle just passes voltage from the AC adaptor, so I would just need to know the correct pins to send the voltage to.

Can someone determine which pins in the cradle carry the +12v and which ones carry the GND?

marking each pin as "#", my webdt 366 looks like:

left up     ###   ###   ###   right up
left down ###   ###   ###   right down

thank you in advance.

Alejandro

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Webdt 366 cradle pinout
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 04:47:29 pm »
just a heads up here, in case you didn't already know the cradle not only charges, but it also adds a few usb ports.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 05:19:39 pm »
two to be precise
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

alx2k

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 06:07:31 pm »
Thanks for your comment, yes, you are right about it, it also gives you 2 USB ports, (so from 6 to 8 pins must be for the USB from the existing 18).

In this PDF, http://www.dtresearch.com/support/manuals/WebDT366%20Basic%20Operation%20Guide.pdf, in page 5 it says it also has Network connectivity (I don't think it means Network using an USB network adapter).

But In my case, I just want to build a surface in which I can leave it charging, I don't find USB ports of any use as orbiter.

Any of you two have a cradle and a polimeter?

Thanks.

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 06:09:25 pm »
yes, Ill see what I can do when I get home tonight

jimmejames

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 10:26:12 pm »
Someone else recently posted a question about pinouts and it looks like you didn't get your question answered- at least based on the responses.  I will do what I can to get a pinout posted here by tomorrow night (5-8-09).  There are clear plastic plate holders (with a metal bar to hold the plate at a desired angle) that seem to be made for the webdts.  I'll ask the GF where she got them and put that here too.  These are great because they look good, hold the plate securely (the metal bar is the right height that the bar rests in the corner formed by the back of the webdt and the backup battery- at least at the desired angle for me).

jimmejames

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 05:52:50 am »
OK,  this took a stupid amount of time, but hopefully someone will find it useful.  I would encourage someone else to verify these results- especially pins "U3" and "U4" which I could not determine the pins to which they connect.

http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/WebDT_366

qball4

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 06:03:09 am »
Nicely done and definitely useful: now we can make our own cradles with HEAVY bases!  ;D

:Matt