Author Topic: How to use nvidia geforece (5200) card under Pluto ?  (Read 2740 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
How to use nvidia geforece (5200) card under Pluto ?
« on: February 05, 2006, 10:39:22 am »
Hi,

I'm at 0.36 version of Pluto. Recently I've put Pentium-M processor in my core and spot slight motion freezes every couple of seconds.

Since I own Nvidia Geforce 5200 and read a lot about NVidia binary drivers I wonder :

- what is recomendable way of using this card under Pluto (binary driver for NVidia or stock drivers ? How to install it? Does Pluto's upgrade breaks it ?

- can binary NVidia driver be used under Pluto and what are its advantages ?

- I read about twindisplay feature. That would give us option to have one onscreen and one remote Orbiter (connected to touch screen) on Core. Is this feasible ?

- is there any more info about what cards will be in Pluto reference platform and officially supported in stable release ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 11:44:25 am »
You can select the "nVidia TNT2 or Geforce" video card from the pluto admin and it will install the pluto-nvidia-drivers package, which will install in turn a package with the nVidia proprietary drivers and alter your XF86Config-4 config file to use the "nvidia" driver instead of "nv".

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 06:19:38 pm »
Hi,

I've installed the Drivers using the drop-down box and even tried installing from the command-line, but to no avail!

When I installed from the command-line, I watched pluto-nvidia-video-drives being uninstalled during boot-up.  

Is there anyway of stopping this from being uninstalled?

Cheers,

xMarks