Author Topic: Finally, you can play your AVI/MP3 file and view your pics directly from CD/DVD  (Read 19185 times)

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Works great!  I was able to play the same divx movie (on CD in the core) on 3 MDs simultaneously with no issues.  I don't have optical drives in any of my MDs yet. Great work!

J.

MarcoZan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Received files, followed instructions, done.

I've tested only with avi files, but it works like a charm.
I will do some more testing with CD containing bunch of mp3 files ordered in several subdir, and will let you know.

Great job, thanks a lot
Marco

Itsik

• Guru
    • View Profile
Good to hear it's working out for you guys :)

Enjoy
Itsik

stallione

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Thanks for the files. It works great on my core. But different story when it comes to my MDs. Can't play any DVDs on them after updating them. (unfortunately, I didn't backup the files on the MDs) One of them is 64 bit. Any ideas on troubleshooting?

tkmedia

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • LMCECompatible
No such thing as 64 in 0810..... even if it says amd64 .... in 0810 its just symlinked  to the i386 version of the tarball  and will install a i386 version.

If you want to question it, just type uname -r at a command prompt.

Tim
My Setup http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Tkmedia

For LinuxMce compatible  systems and accessories
http://lmcecompatible.com/

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Thanks for the files. It works great on my core. But different story when it comes to my MDs. Can't play any DVDs on them after updating them. (unfortunately, I didn't backup the files on the MDs) One of them is 64 bit. Any ideas on troubleshooting?

I believe the 12-12-2009 update replaced the pluto-disk-drive package which would, I think, overwrites a file supplied by Itsik.  So if you update your core or MDs it could prevent some of this functionality.

I havn't tested this since the 12-12-09 update so I'm only speculating.

J.

stallione

• Veteran
    • View Profile
On one of my MDs, here is what I get (810)

/usr/pluto/bin/Disk_Drive: error while loading shared libraries: libDisk_Drive_Functions.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I replaced the libDisk_Drive_Functions.so with two different variants but no luck. Which package has this file so that I can re-install the original?

Itsik

• Guru
    • View Profile
Sorry for the delay in the reply, but it took a little time to figure out what changes have been made to the relevant files, as none of the devs seemed to think it was necessery to add this patch into the code or even mention that there are changes that need to be made to the disc_drive files, thus rendering months of hard work practically useless.
Any way we are now in the final stages of testing a set of modified files for the current ver. 0810, which will be ready for beta testing in the next couple of days. If any one want's to help test them, please PM me.

Thnx
Itsik