After a lot of blood sweat and tears, you can insert a data CD/DVD and view/play it's content without the need to copy the files to your storage.
Once you eject the dvd, the content, that was added automatically to your DB gets removed.
There are some limitations that need to be addressed and as my coding abilities are pretty limited, I'm still struggling with them and any help would be greatly appreciated.Instructions
1. On your core, stop the media director.
2. Copy the Disc_Drive
file to "/usr/pluto/bin" as root
(Backup the original file first).
3. Copy the libDisc_Drive_Functions.so
file to "/usr/pluto/lib", again as root
(once again, backup your original file).
4. Restart your media director.
You can now insert any data disc into your core and after a few seconds it's content will apear on the appropriate media list (video/audio etc...) on the core as well as all your MD's. Clicking on it will play it with the appropriate player.Limitations
1. This is a x86 ver. I don't have a 64 system to compile it on.
2. When you insert the disc on the core, you can view it on any MD in the house. It won't work if you try to put the disc on an MD.
3. The disc can only be ejected using the "manage drives" menu for now. Pressing the button will not release the disc.
Hopefully, these limitations will be fixed soon and this will become fully functional.
I hope you find this useful.