Author Topic: How do I get the "Showtime" Lighting scenario on all MD's?Solved!  (Read 3748 times)

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
 ???
Hello all.

I have a question. I was wondering what steps I can take to get the auto-generated "Showtime" lighting scenario available to all MD's with LMCE controlled Lighting.

I have tried creating a Showtime scenario for each MD, or EA, that has lighting controlled by the system. However, the only one that works is the original one Sarah created for the core/hybrid.

Is it as simple as running the Media Player wizard again?
Does the scenario need to be created with the advanced wizard vs. the lighting wizard?

If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks, and Regards,

Seth
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 12:14:56 pm by seth »
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: How do I get the "Showtime" Lighting scenario on all MD's?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 06:14:07 pm »
I believe that you need to have lights set up in the room where you want Showtime displayed. When you set the lights up it should prompt for a router reload and an orbiter regen after which the showtime should show up (thats how mine did anyway) but It only shows on the orbiter in the room which has controllable lights
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 06:18:41 pm by krys »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 12:34:08 am »
Showtime is created by UpdateEntArea automatically when there is a media director in a room, and there are lights in that room. UpdateEntArea is run on each router reload, and it is what ultimately causes the "The orbiters in your house need to be regenerated" messages.

I think this whole post may be the cause of a misunderstanding, as this functionality does just work, and there is zero ambiguity as to the logic that makes it happen.

Is there something you're not telling us ? :)

-Thom

nosebreaker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 12:46:29 am »
Do you mean the part where it automatically dims the lights when you play a movie?  This doesn't work for me either.  I have lights in rooms with 2 MD's and neither one works (I have to press 1/2 on a remote).

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 02:02:21 am »
I don't have the source in front of me, but I believe that the room must have lights AND a television (an actual device template for a television) for the showtime scenario to be generated. If you happen to have to create the device template, look at other TV device templates and make sure you assign it to the correct category - then it should work

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 02:43:27 am »
I don't have the source in front of me, but I believe that the room must have lights AND a television (an actual device template for a television) for the showtime scenario to be generated. If you happen to have to create the device template, look at other TV device templates and make sure you assign it to the correct category - then it should work

Your correct... to simply add 'Showtime' to a Room just add a TV to that room...obviously the room in question must have Lighting (ie ZWave, X10, KNX etc). Now do a regen & reload and you will see the Showtime scenario has been added to the room. In the Orbiter for that rooms MD, or when remotely controlling that room from another MD or Orbiter, you will see ShowTime has been added to the Lighting menu and when you play any media the lighting in the room will be dimmed... conversely when you press 'Stop' the lights will be returned to their previous level.

All the best

Andrew
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 02:46:24 am »
by default actually, the stopped watching media event triggers the "On" event for that room, so if you want to change this criteria, you'll need to alter it for that event. I have mine set to different light levels depending on time of day.

-Thom

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 12:12:48 pm »
 :)
I can concur to this. By adding a TV, in this case an LCD monitor controlled as a GSD with the dpms on/off commands, the showtime event was automagically created. I was going about it he wrong way. All you needed was a TV device or a dummy TV device, and shazam, auto-dimming lights.

Thanks for the input and the help on the IRC channel. Now when my daughter watches a movie, she doesn't need to get up and turn the lights off.

See, once properly configured, this system is so easy a 3 year old can operate it  :D

Lets see Micro$oft admit to that.

Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

nosebreaker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 10:30:03 pm »
Oh excellent, I just chose "TV - Live TV" and added it to my living room and it worked!