Author Topic: Channel Tuning  (Read 2038 times)

TyBrown

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Channel Tuning
« on: March 08, 2009, 10:42:45 pm »
I am trying to setup MythTV to change the channel of my external cable box using the keyboard. I have not installed any ir receivers/remotes yet. I have attempted to run the "mysql -u root mythconverg" command to get the source ID but it displays none of the information that the TuneToChannel wiki say it should display. It only displays the version and my connection id to the database. Should I do something prior to running this?

I notice in Myth setup that it had source from 2. I tried using the TuneToChannel.sh 38 2 but get an error "message constructor malformed with wrong param id" 38 is the id of my cable box. I am testing this before I add more MD. I also would like to be able to watch different channels on different MD simultaneously. I will have a dedicated core. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Channel Tuning
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 03:36:44 am »
Don't modify mythtv directly! Let the setup wizard set it up.

-Thom

TyBrown

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Re: Channel Tuning
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 04:52:25 am »
Thom, is there anything that I need to do in order to get the mythconverg command to display the source? I also need to get the TuneToChannel.sh command to work as well. I'm fairly new to LinuxMCE.