Author Topic: Floorplan Management  (Read 2832 times)

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
Floorplan Management
« on: March 08, 2009, 06:28:36 pm »
I've been playing with floorplans recently and have a feature suggestion, actually this is probably something I can accomplish if someone can point me in the right direction.  In my setup I have a problem selecting rooms in UI1 since I have more rooms in my setup than can be displayed.  I also have 3 floors that are to be controlled from LMCE and am currently using a floorplan for each floor.  I could divide this up to smaller sections, but to keep things simple I'd like to add a feature to make floorplan 'categories' and then make the floorplans a child of that parent 'category'.  So instead of having a single long list of the individual floorplans for each room I could divide them up like:

Basement
-Home theater
-Rec area
-Wet bar
-Utility closet 1
-Utility closet 2
-Basement bathroom
-Basement patio
-Gym

First Floor
-Kitchen
-Laundry Room
-Kitchen Bathroom
-Great room
-Veranda
-Sunroom
-Office 1
-Master Bedroom
-Master Bathroom
-Master closet
-Laundry room porch
-Front porch

Hopefully you get an idea of what I am trying to convey, as my setup grows I am realizing that these floorplans are going to be packed with devices and using them on the floorplan is going to be cumbersome unless I have a better way to manage them and navigate to them quickly and easily.  I think this should be pretty simple to do in the code though, just need to add a new function to create a parent group for floorplans and a method to add children to it.  From there I guess the web admin would need to be updated and a designobj created to support it as well, is this correct and what area of the code is this type of thing handled so I can start looking it over?