Author Topic: MythTV Error  (Read 3060 times)

artart

• View Profile
MythTV Error
« on: March 05, 2009, 12:54:15 am »
I installed from the DVD and finished the install OK but am getting the following message from MythTV:

"MythTv is already using all available inputs for the channel you selected. If you want to watch an in-pregress recording select one from the playback menu. If you want to watch live TV, cancel one of the in-progress recordings from the delete menu."

My tv card seems to be installed correctly but I keep getting this (I am not recording anything - nothing to delete showing up).

How can I fix this.

Thanks.

Art

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: MythTV Error
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 01:13:24 am »
Hi artart,

This error generally means you either;

Don't have a card installed/configured in Mythtv or;
All the cards you do have are already recording a channel

Can you confirm you have been into the MythTV backend setup and have a card correctly installed and have scanned for channels?

Also - what Card do you have and what does it show as in the MythTV backend?

Cheers,
WR.

artart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 07:46:02 am »
Thanks for responding WR.

Its a PVR-150MCE.

I am not recording anything so it must be the card is not installed/configured. How do I get to the MythTV backend to check to see if the card is installed? The LMCE configuration says it is installed.

Art

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 07:57:13 am »
NP.

Go to Computing -> MythTV Setup
Go to 2. Capture Cards

You should see at least one capture card installed there, if not there you will need to add it.

See here for more details (under Manual Configuration):
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-PVR-150_MCE

Pnuts

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 08:48:35 am »
There is also a point when you are going through the initial configuration of the MD that this issue can arrise from.

when you are prompted to log into http://www.schedulesdirect.org/ you will see the guide\tv listing that you selected from their website when you setup your account. If you simply hit enter on the keyboard here, you will return to the screen listing your TV tuner but the checkbox next to it will remain blank.

If you repeat the steps and after logging in physically click on your listing data (even though it looks selected) you will then return to the screen listing your tv tuner and it will have a check mark in the box.

I missed this the first couple times I went through the install as i simply hit enter and recieved the same error message you described until I did this. I couldnt for the life of me figure it out until my wife said click on it, but dont tell anyone that  =P

-Pnuts

artart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 04:15:56 am »
Thanks for the help!

Got it to recognize the graphics card BUT now all I get is the TV show audio and the display screen is blank. Everything else display OK just not TV.

Art