Author Topic: WIP: Windows Builds  (Read 3364 times)

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
WIP: Windows Builds
« on: April 28, 2009, 09:40:02 pm »
Thom and I briefly discussed in IRC a few days ago that the Windows builds need to be sorted.  This thread will be the place for development and discussion to get the builds going.  I have looked briefly at the source and it appears we are missing several files from the source the are needed in order to get the builds running.

Thom: Were you able to recover any of the data from the drive you obtained out of the build server?  I can supply more information this evening about which files I was looking for.

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: WIP: Windows Builds
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 05:08:21 pm »
Thom: Were you able to recover any of the data from the drive you obtained out of the build server?  I can supply more information this evening about which files I was looking for.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 05:17:23 pm »
ouch, my ears..
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 06:11:38 pm »
Most of it.

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 10:23:52 pm »
Haha, sorry for the bold text, I figured it was overlooked before and haven't been able to get on IRC recently, prepping for vacation :)  Probably a stupid question, but I assume you've tried chkdsk /f /r to recover the corrupt sections of the drive?  It might be worth running some forensics tools against the drive to see if we can get anything else off of it, but I think the first steps are to get as much as we possibly can off of the drive and get it backed up so we aren't doing needless work.  I can assist in this area as I have some experience in data recovery.