Author Topic: *SOLVED*Trouble with libdvdcss2  (Read 3427 times)

Afkpuz

• Guru
    • View Profile
*SOLVED*Trouble with libdvdcss2
« on: March 02, 2009, 08:19:09 am »
I'm running a fresh install of 7.10.  I don't know why, but nothing appeared in the "Add software" section of setup (empty menu with no choices in it).  I'd had this happen before and I usually just come back later and they are there.  Well, my options did not appear to install libdvdcss2, so I went to the medibuntu website and downloaded the .deb package manually.  I made sure it was the gutsy version and ran the install.  However, this didn't work, even after a reboot (you need to reboot in regular ubuntu after installing libdvdcss2).  I still can't watch dvds and receive the message that libdvdcss2 is probably not installed. 

So then, I thought I would try to use the "add software" section.  Now, the options have finally shown up in the list, but this doesn't install it either.  So, please help!  Why can't I install libdvdcss2?!  I've used the .deb method before and it worked, but not this time.  Anyone? 

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 07:23:53 pm by Afkpuz »

Afkpuz

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble with libdvdcss2
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 07:23:34 pm »
Ok, apparently, letting it sit overnight caused it to start working.  I guess libdvdcss2 just needed some time to simmer.

Seer

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
    • Gamehendge
Re: Trouble with libdvdcss2
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 04:05:57 am »
Ok, apparently, letting it sit overnight caused it to start working.  I guess libdvdcss2 just needed some time to simmer.

Same happened to me.  From the console, you need to "sudo apt-get update" and it'll be there.  Or, as you did, wait until the cron job does it for you.  A fresh install doesn't even know it's out of date yet!  :D