Author Topic: audio on every available device possible?  (Read 2348 times)

pflegefall

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
audio on every available device possible?
« on: February 26, 2009, 07:45:53 pm »
I'm running LinuxMCE 710 on an Asus M3N78-EM...
every works quite fine and I can play sound on every output if I choose it in the AVWizard...
Due to some analog speakers (in another room) i want to double the sound to the analog output of my soundcard...

Is it possible to play the sound on SPDIF optical and analog output simultaniously?

From Hardware it should be possible because i'm able to play an mp3 file on SPDIF with linuxmce and another mp3 file on analog output via KDE Desktop...

Can anybody tell me the configuration change I have to make for simultanious audio output?

pflegefall

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: audio on every available device possible?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 11:17:05 am »
ok... this problem is partially solved...
I found out, that when I set the frontoutput to plughw:0 in xine.conf and choose manually configuration in linuxmcesetup... The sound is available at spdif and analog output...

I didn't manage to get sound via hdmi yet, but that seems to be related to the NVIDIA Chipset (ASUS M3N78-EM)... with actual kernel and alsa configuration the HDMI out appears at aplay -l... but its not possible to hear sound...

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: audio on every available device possible?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 12:28:50 pm »
Another option that you might want to look into is the use of soft squeeze for the second output. That way you can have a dedicated output zone for audio only. Search the wiki on softsqueeze