Author Topic: OT: Atigo-L / WebDT 370 Firmware  (Read 2585 times)

gaizin

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
OT: Atigo-L / WebDT 370 Firmware
« on: February 18, 2009, 01:18:06 pm »
I apologize for the off-topic post; I am not a LinuxMCE user, but I have found this forum to be the most active regarding Atigo/WebDT tablets.

I have an SA-1110-based Xybernaut Atigo-L tablet (WebDT 370). From reading other posts here, I know that in terms of the LinuxMCE project this model is not recommended - I'm assuming this is because it is not an x86 device.

What I want to know, though, is if anyone has any information regarding modification of the firmware for this device. Is there any alternative firmware available, specifically a Linux image? If not, does anyone know the format needed, or how one might go about building a compatible image?

I noticed that there is an update tool in the Windows-CE control panel of the device, but without knowing the format/memory layout/etc., I have no idea what to build.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: OT: Atigo-L / WebDT 370 Firmware
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 08:51:29 am »
This device has too little memory to be used as an orbiter.

With that said, this forum is not for what you're seeking. We're sorry, We do not have any relevant information to point you in a different direction. Please look elsewhere.

-Thom

gaizin

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 06:20:05 am »
This device has too little memory to be used as an orbiter.

Ok, I thought it was a CPU issue.

With that said, this forum is not for what you're seeking. We're sorry, We do not have any relevant information to point you in a different direction. Please look elsewhere.

I realize that the question was off-topic; that's why I prefixed it with "OT:".
Thanks for the response, though... perhaps I'll try contacting DT Research (as Xybernaut is no longer an option).

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 06:22:21 am »
DT Research will not help you.

It is an older tablet, and they do not support tablets once they've EOL'ed them, on top of which, you must have a channel support contract with them to receive support in the first place.

-Thom