Author Topic: Specifying a pipe for a non-DCE device  (Read 3937 times)

ajward

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Specifying a pipe for a non-DCE device
« on: February 13, 2009, 06:18:23 pm »
Hi guys,

Still making progress with the Dusky Control device for Sky boxen.

I have the device working, and I have the "ReceiveCommandForChild()" method picking up the fact that a Sky box is a child to the control box, and the control box DCE device has to change channels on the child Sky box.

I need to refine the templates so that I can identify the Video signal from the Sky box as an output (typically connected via a SCART lead to an input in the TV).

I can't work out how to do it. In the device template definition, the only relevant thing seems to be something like "Edit Audio/Video Attributes". And when I click on that, it tries to download IR codes, and fails. I'm not sure if it fails because there are no relevant IR codes, or if there is still a problem with the linuxmce.org service that offers these codes. Anyway it seems to be fatal to the process, and I can't get any further.

Where do I define that a non-DCE device (a set-top box) has a video output?

Again, sorry if it's obvious and I've missed it, but I've spent a frustrating few hours looking, and this is hopefully the last step.

Cheers,
Andy Ward.

maybeoneday

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Specifying a pipe for a non-DCE device
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 11:51:18 am »
Hi andy ,
have you tried setting pipes in wizard/devices/av equip.......connection wizard   (top LH corner)  ?

regards ,
Ian

ajward

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 04:24:31 pm »
I'll give that a go.

Cheers,
Andy Ward

ajward

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 04:28:07 pm »
...although thinking on it, surely it has to be a charateristic of the device template, not the individual device?

Cheers,
Andy Ward