Author Topic: Super Cheap Wireless Indoor/Outdoor IP Cam w/PT & NV  (Read 2561 times)

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
Super Cheap Wireless Indoor/Outdoor IP Cam w/PT & NV
« on: February 14, 2009, 12:10:36 am »
I will need about 12 cameras to run effective surveillance of my property, and running lines to every location is not an option.  I have tried a few of the cheaper cameras so far with decent results, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for at under $200/camera.  I just found this site and was wondering if anyone has tried these before I order one for testing.  http://cart.all4sourcing.com/wireless-ip-camera-p-3072.html  Surely you get what you pay for but at that price with the specs. you can't really go wrong.

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Super Cheap Wireless Indoor/Outdoor IP Cam w/PT & NV
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 06:00:21 am »
wow, thats cheap, especially with remote pan. I have heard that basically any IP cam will work, quality might be the only thing to worry about.

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 05:22:52 pm »
did you end up ordering this cam?

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 06:06:26 pm »
Still on the fence, shipping is from hong kong so is quite expensive, plus I just bought 2 USB-UIRT's, a CM11A, some X10 switches, and a Sipura to play with.  I figure I better take on what I've just purchased before going further with this cam.  If you get to it before I do please let me know how it works out, it should be simple to get working with LMCE.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 09:42:04 pm »
You might want to note that the page linked to says the power adaptor is "EU type" so I guess you will need a convertor for the US (I know Krys is in OK, not sure where los93sol is!)