Author Topic: Gyration GYR3101 f6 and f8  (Read 3327 times)

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
Gyration GYR3101 f6 and f8
« on: February 11, 2009, 07:25:15 pm »
I have just received a gyration GYR3101EU (I'm in the UK) and glasswalker's alternate config file from the wiki has worked very well.

The only missing buttons are the F6 and F8 menu commands. I got used to these with my Gyration Go mouse. Anyone know if it is easy to add these to the config?
Regards
Barney

itsmeok

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Gyration GYR3101 f6 and f8
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 08:19:41 pm »
I am not sure about that mouse. I am using a logitech AIR MX. I was not able to get it to work as described on the wiki, but you could try that first:
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Use_Additional_Mouse_Buttons

not sure why it didn´t work for me. After some research I used a piece of software. This was very easy to setup.
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Logitech_MX_Air

Hope you get it to work soon as it is a brilliant way of controlling your system

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 09:35:28 pm »
I agree itsmeok. It is a whole new experience having this remote. I can already play, pause, rewind, ff, and use all the up, down, left, right, select buttons in media playback and in mythtv.

The green (microsoft eek!) button brings up the linuxmce menu, so I can pretty much do everything but I miss the two menu buttons for dvd chapters, volume etc.

I was hoping it would be a simple command in the config to map the f6/f8 keypress to spare buttons on the remote but I've never done this before so any advice would be appreciated.

I guess if there is no other way I could go down the bindkeys route.
Barney

itsmeok

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 10:25:52 pm »
Why don´t you check the webpage. If it can recognize your button it is just two clicks to get F6 en F8 programmed.

http://www.ollisalonen.com/btnx/

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 10:30:04 pm »
Guys,

To do key mapping, this must be done on a per orbiter basis.

Web Admin > Advanced > Devices > Select the orbiter you wan to change.

Now... Find the Hard Keys devicedata, notice there is a list of numbers in this field. Separated by tabs.

b    0    d      m      c       (p1    p2    p3....)

These are separated by tab, and are set as follows:

b = PK_Button, do a select * from Button to get a list of buttons that you can map.
0 = this is typically always 0.
d = The target device. select * from DeviceTemplate WHERE PK_DeviceTemplate < 0;
m = Messagetype, this is 1 for command, 2 to send an event. If you use 2, the d = -1001 for the virtual event device.
c = The Command to send, select * from Command, to get a list of all the command numbers.

The rest of the parameters are a parameter, value pair. Look at each command in the Web Admin > Advanced > DCE > Commands, to see the commands, their parameter numbers, and what values they can take.

In short, it's like MessageSend, look at the MessageSend command.

the most common devices to use here are

-106 = The Media Plugin, anything going here will be delegated to the current media player.
-300 = The Orbiter, anything going here, will be sent to the local orbiter.

-Thom

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 12:07:16 am »

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 12:55:12 am »
Thanks Thom.

I'm working through your instructions now. I'll report back here with the results and add to the GYR3101 wiki page if I'm successful.
Barney