Author Topic: My wife is jealous of LMCE  (Read 2738 times)

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
My wife is jealous of LMCE
« on: February 10, 2009, 02:54:55 pm »
I often share my excitement about LMCE with my wife, who is really not into technology.... she often replies with snide remarks....
Last night she asked if LMCE could automatically file my divorce papers. I said I would work on it.

... she was joking of course... i think...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 04:06:03 pm by fearingsept »
Core: Broken :(

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
Re: My wife is jealous of LMCE
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 03:33:10 pm »
 ;)
Heh, my wife is jealous in a different way. I have 2 young daughters 2 and 3 years old. They have a MD in their playroom, which is where they spend most of their day. They can get all wound up, and she can't get them to calm down, so she pulls up her orbiter on the laptop, and starts a show in the playroom, and says.. "I think Dora and Yo Gabba Gabba are playing in your toy room...." and in a flash they are in there and quiet.

So she is jealous that the LMCE system has more control over her children than she does  :P

But if it could file divorce papers as well, as much time as I spend tweaking and customizing the system, I think I would be in the same boat as you. With the system and some type of media to play, all she needs me for is the $$$ I bring home, LOL. j/k

Best Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 03:52:28 pm »
Nice, I should push that angle... If LMCE can control my kids then thats even better. To bad they arn't z-Wave compatible.
Core: Broken :(

Dale_K

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 04:02:27 pm »
Slightly different for me, I've been a computer guy my entire adult life so my wife views LMCE as just the latest project to consume my time.  If it weren't this it'd be something else, it always is.  hehe

At least this is something she reaps direct reward from.  She thinks the MD in the kitchen is the coolest shit ever.

Ray_N

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Your Plan B!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 05:41:16 pm »
I'm with you Dale...latest project type of deal...right now the entire living room and dining room table looks like an electronics lab with all the parts, tools and boxes laid around. I keep telling her how cool this thing is going to be and "Wow! Look at this humongous turbine and heat sink" and she just looks at me like I'm crazy ;-)  Just wait till she sees it in action, right? At least she got to play a little with the Gyro remote...but my PSU was DOA so I had to RMA the thing...see what I mean?  ;D