Author Topic: Security System  (Read 2373 times)

kblackwel

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Security System
« on: February 09, 2009, 08:44:07 pm »
Hi,

New to LinuxMCE. Actually, I don't even have a server built yet. UI like the possibilities though.

While I'm getting the LinuxMCE stuff together, I'm looking into a security system. I'm looking to get a system that will down the road be compatible with linuxmce.

Ingrid has a nice wireless solution, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't work with linuxmce. Does anyone have any Ingrid like security system suggestions that will work with linuxmce?

Kevin

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Security System
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 08:52:12 pm »
LinuxMCE will work with many external security systems - some work out of the box, some may need work on your part.

Also realize that LMCE has its own built-in security system that you can piece together yourself. Just add sensors from ZWave, Insteon, X10, etc. and LMCE will manage them under its own security system seamlessly. You can then even add cameras that tie into the security system and motion detectors - again all managed under LMCE.

Bottom line is that you have a lot of choices. Take some time to think about what exactly you want your security system to do, the kind of components you want (window sensors? door sensors? motion sensors? cameras?), and the level of redundancy you want - then post back here and we can help you narrow it down.

kblackwel

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Re: Security System
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 10:21:56 pm »
Well, my current security system has

4 door sensors

Cameras, motion detectors, etc... are all future possibilities I would like to add in the future.

2 request.

1. System Works wired and wirelessly. I have some existing wiring for the doors I would like to us if possible. If not, that OK
2. Ingrid has a wireless controller along with a wall unit. That would be nice too. They look nice too :)

Thanks in advance

Kevin