Author Topic: Blu Ray please  (Read 9804 times)

Afkpuz

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Blu Ray please
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 08:47:50 pm »
"I assume you tried to watch the video under winders and it was ok...."

I did and it was.  Although, I didn't have a good enough monitor resolution to notice any difference.  Unfortunately, I deleted all of the ripped data and don't have access to the blu-ray drive anymore.  (It's in my dad's computer since he runs windows)  I am planning on taking it back once blu-ray support becomes more stable.

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 05:21:01 pm »
Honestly, if you can rip on windoze and play under LMCE that sounds like a good enough method to get you by for now.  I don't even use LMCE to rip DVDs, I like to rip/transcode them on my Linux desktop to save tons of space...

We just need access to ripped BR movies (or snippets) for testing to see what it takes to get them to play.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 09:33:32 pm »
skeptic - what tool are you using the transcode down? I'm looking for a nice one that is fast but does a reasonable job of auto-picking the main title and creating a standard size file from it, ideally even from the command line maybe even under Linux. Have you ever used "transcode" for this? Have you managed to get it to process .isos or vobs in this way?