All the best for the Christmas and New Year.
I assume I am the only one encountering this issue, which would attest to the lack of response. The remaining devices were created, when I added another machine to be an MD, in the creation of the image step, the faulty MD started running the software install for the questionable devices.
I tested this twice, pulled the hard drive out of the core, put in my backup(clean linuxmce install no MD's), encountered the same issue, which the solution seems to simple add another MD - have an old machine that will take that role.
Any information to lead in resolving this issue will be grateful.