Author Topic: Is UI selection tied to host or MCE as a whole?  (Read 2137 times)

thedaver

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Is UI selection tied to host or MCE as a whole?
« on: February 03, 2009, 01:42:33 pm »
Another pre-build question:

If an MCE solution is built 1) with a core and MDs or a 2) core/Hybrid and MDs, is there anything about the selection of a UI on the core that affects the MDs?  Meaning, if the core went simpler (UI1, UI2), can the MDs go to UI2 Overlay or Alpha Blended?  Having trouble figuring this out from the wiki. 

Intuitively my guess is that "to each device it's own" is the answer, but I cannot back that guess up with references.

Again, your kind input is appreciated!

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
Re: Is UI selection tied to host or MCE as a whole?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 01:47:28 pm »
 ;)
Welcome.

You can have a different UI on all your MD's. I use UI2-Alpha on my core hybrid, UI2-Masked on my Man Cave machine (works well with the projector), and UI1 with my MD in the Playroom.

All function independent from one another. Very easy to mix and match depending on the hardware on each machine.

Best Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Is UI selection tied to host or MCE as a whole?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 03:07:39 am »
And indeed Orbiter. So the mobile orbiters are generally UI1 type orbiters, and just like all orbiters, (on screen or mobile) it doesn't matter which MD it is controlling. For instance, Seth can use his UI2+AB onscreen orbiter on his hybrid to control his playroom machine even though the native onscreen orbiter in his play room is UI1