Author Topic: (Unsupported) disked MD on the wiki  (Read 3292 times)

mactalla

• View Profile
(Unsupported) disked MD on the wiki
« on: April 17, 2009, 02:17:36 am »
This question has come up numerous times (I should know -- I searched a lot when trying to set it up myself!)  I'm sure the devs are tired of the question.  I got mine working, so posted on the wiki how I did it.  Hopefully it'll help others who need it.

A reminder: This is unsupported; do not pester the devs with any questions related to this.  Thanks / Fixes / Problems should be kept to the wiki page and this thread.  The first two are preferred :)

The page in question is here: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Unsupported_Disked_MD

Cheers.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: (Unsupported) disked MD on the wiki
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 04:07:08 am »
Cool, thanks!

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 05:15:30 am »
Has anyone tried just removing the PXE part of the equation and just having the kernel and initrd files locally and an appropriate bootloader(like grub) loading them locally - then letting the NFS mounts occur for the root filesystem and loading as normal from then on. Might need a rebuild of the initrd to support whatever network interface you need and would probably minor changes to the root filesystem to support wireless or whatever networking is used.

Sort of fits in better with the way things currently work just would remove the dependancy on PXE support.

mactalla

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 02:08:43 am »
That sounds like a good approach.  Given that mine's working, I'm not keen on re-doing it.  But if anyone does do it, that should replace the instructions on the wiki.