Author Topic: ACT Homepro ZTH200 as primary Controller possible?  (Read 2813 times)

eNoodle

• Veteran
    • View Profile
ACT Homepro ZTH200 as primary Controller possible?
« on: February 02, 2009, 12:25:18 pm »
Hi guys,

my Tricklestar is not that reliable, sometimes the "UP" Button doesn't work. So I'm planning to get the Homepro ZTH200. My question is, is the ZTH200 usable as primary controller? Does it make sense, or is it better to go with a Tricklestar, as it supports SIS mode and use the ZTH as secondary controller only?

I guess I have to manually copy the Informations using "Send command to device" and "Download Configuration", is this the only point, what is different to the Tricklestar?

Thanks in advance,
eNoodle

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
Re: ACT Homepro ZTH200 as primary Controller possible?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 01:02:03 pm »
i really like the ZTH but unfortunately the chipset revision is too old to support inclusion mode. So it can only work as secondary in SIS mode and is not able to add nodes to the network. But it is handy to do other config tasks.

Can you reproduce the behavior of the tricklestar? I've seen that only once.

best regards,
Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

eNoodle

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 02:33:57 pm »
Hi hari,

thanks for the reply.

I can reproduce that behaviour. It pretty much looks like a hardware defect, it seems like the Button can't get a contact. If I move and press a little bit harder on this button, the green led starts glowing. Main problem here is, that it is really hard getting into inclusion or association mode, because of this I got it happen, that the Tricklestar was resetted and all my devices were deleted. :(

BTW: I also noticed some problems loading the Tricklestar. If I plug it into the USB port it sometimes isn't working, if I use an other computer, it sometimes will start loading, sometimes it doesn't load.

Because of this, and because I want to assign some associations to some transmitter, I've planned to purchase the ZTH200 (http://www.zwave4u.com/products/en/Control/Remote-Controls/ACT-Homepro-ZTH200-Remote-Control.html). It is an ugly remote, but if it is able to include, exclude and associate as primary controller, this would fit my needs.

eNoodle

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 02:57:59 pm »
strange, the dongle works without issues here.. plugged on plenty of different computers here..

regarding the remote, did you properly put it into configuration mode? Did you make sure it is charged fully?

Regarding the ZTH200, primary works fine.

br, Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

eNoodle

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 03:22:43 pm »
Yes, I loaded it fully. The first time it started blinking and after about three hours the stick was fully loaded (no more blinking). When I now try to load the stick, it sometimes won't start loading and if it starts it blinks forever.

So, having the ZTH200 and the Seluxit viaSens should work also? If so, I'll give the ZTH200 a try.

The Tricklestar will be replaced by the shop, but I've to wait until mid of february, so I'll first go with the ZTH200 as primary controller, do some testing and after that, I'll move back to Tricklestar as primary and ZTH200 as secondary controller.

eNoodle