Author Topic: Schedulesdirect manual entry  (Read 4148 times)

greenhornet

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Schedulesdirect manual entry
« on: January 31, 2009, 05:12:50 am »
I did a restore and now I'm getting an error (There was an error retrieving provider information) when entering my schedulesdirect.org account information.  I'm positive i have the login credentials correct (they work on the website).  At the end of the message, it says I can specify the data on the admin web page.  Can someone tell me where to find it on the admin web page?

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
Re: Schedulesdirect manual entry
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 05:05:23 pm »
 :)
It is located under "Files & Media", the Under "Media Providers"

and example of what is under mine:

Code: [Select]
Media Providers
Description                              Media type Action
DISH Harrisburg Harrisburg Satellite 170  LiveTV         Delete
DISH Harrisburg Harrisburg Satellite 170    LiveTV         Delete

You will be presented with a description and a media type, in my description it says DISH for dish network, and the type of programming. The media type is LiveTV.

However if it is having issues downloading from schedules direct, I would suspect you "Internet facing" NIC connection. I have seen this error before, and it was because I had a bad cable on my outward, internet connected card.

Just food for thought.

Best of Luck and Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

greenhornet

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 08:47:27 pm »
:)
It is located under "Files & Media", the Under "Media Providers"

and example of what is under mine:

Code: [Select]
Media Providers
Description                              Media type Action
DISH Harrisburg Harrisburg Satellite 170  LiveTV         Delete
DISH Harrisburg Harrisburg Satellite 170    LiveTV         Delete

You will be presented with a description and a media type, in my description it says DISH for dish network, and the type of programming. The media type is LiveTV.

However if it is having issues downloading from schedules direct, I would suspect you "Internet facing" NIC connection. I have seen this error before, and it was because I had a bad cable on my outward, internet connected card.

Just food for thought.

Best of Luck and Regards,

Seth

Seth,
There are no media providers listed in the area you mentioned.  When I add one, there is no place to add credentials.  There are only two fields: description, and media type.  My outside NIC is fine.  I did think of that and I've tested it several ways.  First, I can connect PCs from behind the core and connect to any outside website I can think of.  I have also run pings tests from the core to the outside world with no problems.  I have seen my problem mentioned elsewhere in the forums but there are no replies with any solutions or details past what you just suggested.  Since this problem happened immediately after a restore I have to believe there is a config file somewhere that's broken.  I just don't know where.

Thanks for your suggestions and please let me know if you (or anyone) have any more.

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 10:46:39 pm »
Have you tried logging in to schedules direct from an internet browser? that would at least take one of the variables out.

greenhornet

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 11:31:07 pm »
Yes, I have.  As I stated in my original post: "I'm positive i have the login credentials correct (they work on the website)"

greenhornet

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 04:51:34 am »
Anyone?

Steve

• Veteran
  • 16 Years Linux exp.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 06:09:35 am »
If you are using mythtv. you will find it in mythtvbackend of mythtv. From a command prompt type in "mythtv-setup" cant remember which menu button tho.
Hybrid core Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R m/b 2.8Ghz 2 gig ram. HVR1600 on the core. 2 Orbiter on Android for control 1 phone the other tablet. Running 10.04

greenhornet

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 05:22:20 am »
I tried the mythtv setup but in 'video sources' I wasn't presented with the options for carrier (in may case DirecTV), zip code, etc.  Nothing is listed in the 'data direct' lineup.

Admittedly, navigating the setup with a mouse is near impossible though.  I may be missing something.