Author Topic: Problems with the .39 upgrade breaking pluto dependencies  (Read 5693 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Problems with the .39 upgrade breaking pluto dependencies
« on: April 07, 2006, 05:51:53 pm »
Like a previous post, I also had big problems after the .39 update.  Pluto would not work anymore and would fail during bootup.  I also tried to reinstall from the kickstart disk exactly the same way I had originally installed Pluto, but it would keep failing after the reboot.  This last time I did the install, I unplugged the core from the network so that it would not receive the new updates.  This installed ok, but I am concerned about updating it.  This is also potentially a big problem for any new users that are attempting to install Pluto for the first time.  It will fail after the first reboot and this will drive new users away.

The failure I keep getting seems to stem from the pluto-install-scripts not installing and everything else failing do to dependency breaking.  For example, after the first reboot, I get the error:

INIT: Cannot execute "/usr/pluto/bin/Report_DCERouter_Status.sh"

several times before it states respawning to fast and it will wait for 5 minutes.  Then it repeats.

Can somebody at Pluto please address this problem?  Is this a known issue?  Since my account reportedly has problems accessing Mantis, I am unable to see if this problem is being fixed.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Problems with the .39 upgrade breaking pluto dependencies
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 12:37:53 am »
i am having the same problem. I installed pluto and everything was working fine untill i did a reboot and now i cant get past this error.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
try reinstalling without connecting to Internet
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 01:59:50 pm »
I reinstalled pluto from scratch -several times- before I made it work.  The trick is when you are first installing, don't connect it to the Internet.  This way, it will install only what's on the kickstart CD.  After fully booting and getting ready to go, you can connect it back to the Internet and do any updates.  This time, it shouldn't break -at least it didn't for me.

Hope this helps.  I am surprised not many other people seem to have experienced the same problem as us.

Sevak