actually I wanted to try it this morning but then forgot. Then after your last post I searched google for xinelib and pls, and the first link had some examples of how the decoded stream is passed to xinelib and it had the / at the end! And no I never try the most obvious things for some reason :-)
To add the streams at the moment I follow the instructions on the audio stream wiki page. When you create a scenario and click on test, it creates the stream in the File table just like any other media file on your system.
That's how I did it initially anyway, then I edited it by hand in the DB to add a missing / after http:
I haven't tried it again with the extra / at the end, will do so and report back. Maybe that inserts it the proper way into the db, or maybe it makes things worse.
Either way, once we know how it's supposed to be inserted (what I tested was Path="http:/" and Filename="188.8.131.52:2008/" ) then it's easy to create a php webpage to add streams in such a way, and even delete them.